Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons and I picked up several kaiju kits at G-Fest and have been working on them ever since! Here's what Dad (me) has been working on...this is the Bandai "1/350 Image Scale" kit

of the Ultra monster Pegila.

I'm not sure what Pegila did to rate his own styrene kit - he seems to be one of the more obscure monsters from Ultraman (which is saying something). :lol: He's kind of goofy-looking, but what the heck! He came without a base, so I made an arctic habitat for him. He would seem to be some kind of mutated walrus...

·
Oxidation Genius
31,316 Posts
For some reason, in my head, I hear him talking like Goofy.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Nice work Paul!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Interesting. I purchased this kit on #bay a couple of years ago, & just got around to completeing it a few months ago. Same box art & scale (although the little round sticker is in a different place. However, my kit did not come with a base- it was sealed, and there are no images of a base in the instructions. It came instead with a fighter jet, which I attached to the monster via 'missle streaks'. I remember being dissapointed, because the monster stands 5 1/2" high when built- I assume yours does to. When I was a kid (late 60's) I distinctly remember building a Pegila kit (which prompted me to get this one) but I remember it being bigger- closer in size to Godzilla. I know nostalgic toys & things can seem smaller than we remember them as kids, but I don't think I'm wrong about this. I even remember the plastic color was a weird tan. Anyone remember a larger Pegila kit?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great job on the kit, by the way. Nice color choices and seamwork.
Thanks! We have the same kit - it doesn't come with a base. I built my base from scratch. Did not use the little plane. The ship came out of my junk box (from a Hasegawa harbor set, I believe...)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I've built this kit too, back in about 1997. The little jet fighter which comes with the kit is well-detailed, but the kit really should have come with a scenic base to match the pretty-good box art.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice job on Pegila! I really like the base you made, fits him perfectly. I have most of this series stashed away, I should pull them out and start building. The only one I even started on was the smaller Godzilla.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Paul, somehow I mis-read your post- Sorry, I found the line stating you custom made it. Again, nice job. Here's what I did with the plane. The missle streaks are steel needles painted yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Great job, I love the build-up and the base (the missiles too Aurorafan) These are great kits I have 6 of these Bandai kits done and a couple in the works. I'll be doing a episode of MMR on these kits sooner or later I think whats stopping me is the pronunciation of the names. Pegila is a easy one :) so I should start there. That said, I'll be accepting picture of Pegila (Bandai or others), you can send pics to [email protected] .
Can't wait to see more of all these kits...inspiring
Rob

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Paul, somehow I mis-read your post- Sorry, I found the line stating you custom made it. Again, nice job. Here's what I did with the plane. The missle streaks are steel needles painted yellow.
That's very cool! Nice trick with those needles - looks great.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks Paul. Interesting to know a vinyl kit exists. Still, I'm puzzled by my memory. Either way, my Pegila quest was satisfied with this bandai kit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts