Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies to all of you but that seemingly amazing TH error is a fake made by yours truly. I know it may sound incredible, but I made this one myself.

To make it up to you guys, I will now share with you how I did this amazing transformation so that you too can do the same thing.

WARNING!​

The following post contains extreme images of a Treasure Hunt Hotwheels being extremely violated and in contact with outside air. If you have a heart condition or easily shocked by graphic images, please press the back button and go read another thread.

Ok, step 1 : Very carefully remove the car from the package, this will make it easier for you when you re-seal the car. You might feel faint for seeing a TH outside it's natural environment, but bare with me, it will all be worth it when you're done.

Step 2 : Get a big wise and crush that sucker!

Step3 : Get a hammer and smash it up. I know it's hard and unnatural, but try to have fun.

You should end up with something like this.

Step 4 : Put the car back in the package. Now we haven't gone through all this trouble just to put the thing back like it was. Make sure you put the car facing the OTHER way. I also changed the back wheels to add that extra value.

Step 5 : CAREFULLY re-seal the blister to make sure that it doesn't show. The more time you spend here the better, just like I did.

Now you too can impress your buddies at the monthly club meet or make a fortune on the secondary market. You just didn't get it from me. ;)

ps Of course this is a gag, if you are dumb enough to do this and try to sell them, it's your problem not mine.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to share this with the folks on the HWC forum, but I have been banned for some reason.

Gerry :)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice job to bad it looks like you poss hadd a good eorror
There was no way of knowing that until the car was removed, even better. I have another one and I'm all ears for any bright and fun ideas for it's destruction or desecration. Hmmmmmm, time for another thread.:hat:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
There was no way of knowing that until the car was removed, even better. I have another one and I'm all ears for any bright and fun ideas for it's destruction or desecration. Hmmmmmm, time for another thread.:hat:

BBQ it and send it back to Mattel

Explain that you were playing with Bottle Rockets and this was attached to
the Rocket before lift off. And you see some problems with the Car holding
up to the rough Limits. Hey aren't these Cars still Life Time Garrantied if
anything happens to them and Mattel will replace the Car for Free ??

LMAO

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I wanted to share this with the folks on the HWC forum, but I have been banned for some reason.

Too bad you are banned.....I see some hate mail after they see the pix
of what you did ..... We all heard about them die-hard HWC people and
their toy Cars.... I remember back in 96 when I cracked open a 57 Chevy
Purple TH. Boy did I get alot of HW Collectors hating me afterwards. LOL
The way I saw it was, its my money and my Car and I can do whatever
I want with it. Enjoy life and don't take anything serious in what mattel
says in something being Limited. The only thing Mattel has that is worth
anything is them Prototypes of each casting. Nothing else matters after
that. Period....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ummm, I've actually seen a HW's car that looked a lot like it went through a similar process, but was properly carded and sealed "at the factory" and shipped out.

It was one of those brown Lexus cars that HW did so many variations of in the mid-'90's. It pretty obviously got caught in some machinery and was sent out anyway. What still cracks me up is watching that thing rot on a peg for almost two years before anybody in the store decided it was a good idea to remove it and send it back.

:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts