Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen this?

www.auroraproductscorp.com

I would love to be wrong about this, but well, I have a funny uneasy feeling that makes my tummy churn.....Like all things, time will tell.

Please please please become a reality. But I am still buying everything that Moebius & Monarch produce. :hat:

Jeff :wave:

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
THis would be killer! But I am gonna take it as it comes. There is a Mad Barber at the auction place right now. I had first opening bid at 200 figuring it would stay there for a while but someone knocked me off the next day. She's over 500 right now. Would LOVE to have all 3 of those kits!

·
Registered
946 Posts
If I'm following the names correctly, the guy who was pushing LAPCO is billed as the vice president of this new Aurora. I'd make sure to have the product in hand before turning over any money.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I may be wrong but I smell a rat or rats.

The add looks too cheezy and the info is nothing new... not to mention the product list looks as if it were scanned or copied from very old print.

It's one thing to be 'retro' but it just looks all together strange.

If I'm wrong......we'll see.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Runnnn away!!!!

(I'm guessing it won't be long til Mark Dean pops outta his
spidey-hole and makes the gang of theives complete!)

Buc :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
does anyone know if they are going to release those "MAD" kits...the mad barber, the mad dentist, and the mad doctor...im not much for figures...but i think i could enjoy builing those...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
What ever you do, NO PRE-ORDER AND NO MONEY UP FRONT!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I've seen the site, their kit catalog looks, to me, like a listing lifted directly from the back of a 1960's Aurora instruction sheet with a few new oddball items added.
And yes , my friends the Giamariono's are the very same folks who brought you LAPCO!
I'll believe this is legit when I see REAL kits on REAL store shelves!

Dave

·
Registered
343 Posts
While it would be nice to see some of these models, I'm still hesitant to believe it. I'm just not going to bother with it until the models become available at hobby sites.

I did notice that nothing they hint at reissuing needs to be licensed (no Zorro model, for example) and the website is owned by a Gennaro Giammarino III, with an address of a P.O Box in California.

Also, neither the BBB nor the Yellow Book has a listing for this business in New York.

None of that may mean anything though.

·
Registered
656 Posts
So what exactly is the scam these guys are running? Sucker as many as they can on pre-order sales and then never deliver the product? Is that it?

Just curious.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
My guess is Giamariono took advantage of MyDaddy.com's sale on domain names, and is trying to make a pre-emptive strike on others using the classic names of Aurora model series. He probably saw the activity of Mobius and Monarch, much like when he tried to ride on the Polar Lights coattails...
but I could be wrong. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts