Hobbyist Forums banner

UFO visits earth 70 million years ago

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  REL 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I admit this a bit lame for a diorama. But earlier in the year, I completed my Monogram UFO (from "The Invaders") and added LEDs. The tree hides the stand that I added to the kit. I do like the way the UFO turned out, but the diorama could use work. Still for a quick job, it's better than nothing.

The dinosaurs are from the "Sue" series and actually scale out pretty close to 1/72. I don't like the figures that came with the kit, so I'm keeping my eye out for more alien looking creatures that will fit into the ship.

Comments are welcome...

Brad.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
WarpCore Breach said:
That's awesome!

Brad, how did you light the central section? That is so cool!
Thanks all. I used my dremel to get rid of the solid plastic and replaced it with clear styrene that had a cross-hatched pattern to it, added orange coloured transparency to fit, and another circle of transluscent plastic to diffuse the light somewhat. The orange LEDs were positioned to aim toward the center, and silver mylar was attached to the underside of the crew section floor. What you see is what I got. I actually would have preferred a more uniform glow, but coughing up the money for LightSheet was not really something I wanted to do. :)

#12 · (Edited)
Reminds me of one of my favorite Saturday morning kiddy shows: The Lost Saucer starring that great Alabamian, Jim Nabors! :freak:

Seriously, your effects are waaaaaaaaaay better than what they had. Excellent effects. :thumbsup:

The Alien craft lighting the ceratops beneath gives an eerie atmosphere to the whole scene.

#13 · (Edited)
PerfesserCoffee said:
The Alien craft lighting the ceratops beneath gives an eerie atmosphere to the whole scene.
That's my favourite picture. Looks more realistic that way... :)

Seriously, though, I'd like to work on my diorama skills. Time to take out book on how to do good small scale dioramas. Originally I wasn't even sure I was going to bother with the interior of the ship. I think it shows...

#14 ·
Dr. Brad said:
That's my favourite picture. Looks more realistic that way... :)

Seriously, though, I'd like to work on my diorama skills. Time to take out book on how to do good small scale dioramas. Originally I wasn't even sure I was going to bother with the interior of the ship. I think it shows...
Interior looks fine. Personally, I go for a model that looks good from the outside just as the fx fellows did in the old shows. All you need is a rudimentary interior and yours is way over done by that scale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.