Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd show these pics I made years ago.

U.S.S. Yorktown orbits the planet Rigel XII to receive lithium ore from Ben Childress in "Pirate's Bounty".

< The 1704 designated markings come from the 1975 FJ tech manual. Decal wise, the "NCC - 170" comes from the 22" cut away Enterprise kit while the "4" comes from a FW-190a. Raised saucer details are a combination of sewing pin heads and sheet styrene. Also note the lack of side pennant and numbers and a lower, more modern bridge height in all photos. >

The famous shot from "Tomorrow has Returned" in which the Yorktown returns to Earth in 1472 and inadvertidly kills Christopher Columbus. An attempt to warp around the sun and prevent the murder restores the former timeline.

< I removed the "Ball" from the ends of the warp nacelles and replaced them with sheet stock then filled in the end caps from behind with bondo and drilled the rows of holes from the (now) flat backside using a special jig I designed to hold the rear nacelles in place. The name YORKTOWN that appears on the lower edge of the shuttle bay was a spare decal pirated from the original Klingon / Romulan / Federation 3 in one set. >

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
nice job on the engine caps! I'll have to try that for my next build, always liked that style.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the 18"er. I cut off the rear light and covered it with a sheet of evergreen Styrene, cut to shape. Then the end caps were filled with bondo and my Dad and I made a jig for the end caps so that we could drill in the holes on our drill press. That was almost 15 years ago!

Next time we do this, we're going to drill the center holes at a different angle so that they don't follow the shape of the end cap face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts