Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi Bob, I got down to the track last night for some practice....... I was the only one running on the oval. Which was fine with me, I got well over 100 laps in. Was able to try different lines and setups without having to worry about traffic. The tires worked great, the right front was showing some signs of wear but the others looked great. The tires that got shipped to me were Blues and Silver NET's....... You"ll have some at the race ???? Right...? Some regulars that were checking me out said the car looked fast. Hopefully they knew what they were talking about. It should be interesting with a bunch of cars out there. What type of turnout do you expect for the gas touring cars ?? I'm going to stock up on a bunch of spare parts, in case I get stuck into the wall at speed :freak: see ya at the race, Roy :thumbsup:

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Roy:

Glad to hear you got some practice in. Gonna be out at the track all day Tuesday doing maintainance and putting in the pit lane for the nitro guys (and as an escape hatch for others)

Counting down the days now! Looks like we should have between 50 and 75 racers. Will know better on Saturday morning since few R/C racers understand the concept of pre-registration.

Folks are getting charged! Gonna have some hot cells from SRC at the track for those who need them. Gonna have hot 19-Turn motors from Bulit Motorsports. We're all gonna have a great event.

Come Sunday a week from today we will have crowned
U.S. Concrete R/C Oval Champions for 2003

Looking forward to meeting you!

Bob

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Fort Lauderdale

Va Racer:

It's this week!

The track is in Fort Lauderdale. We're about 3 1/2 hours south of Orlando. You can come south on the Florida turnpike or I95.

Track opens for practice Wednesday and Thursday. Racing starts on Friday night (Halloween)...then continues Saturday and Sunday

Visit: www.ontrack-racing.com for details and maps

Bob

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Practice opened Wednesday Night

If the Wednesday night practice crowd is any indication, we're gonna have an exceptional turnout. Times are dropping and sure looks like track records are gonna fall!

Will keep you posted as the event goes on!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Come on down!!!!!

We're under way! First full day of practice and saw Nitro and 19-turn runs from a number of drivers. Trailers, trailers everywhere! What a sight to behold!

More to come!!! We're off and running

· Registered
5 Posts
Bob,
Bill And I had a great time. everything went smooth, looking forward to next year. Awesome racetrack. If you missed it try to make next years, it is worth the drive South.

Chip Bonds #94
Bulit Motorsports
Compu-Graphix Instant Signs

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yes, the dates are October 8-10. Class details will be posted along with entry forms in the real near future on our website. (ontrack-racing.com) Doesn't look like the gas guys will be with us this year but we're expecting a much larger turnout in the electric classes. Believe everyone that participated last year has a good experience.

Bob

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The track is in great shape. We'll have lots of pit space. Lots of space for trailers. Trailer owners should plan to bring generators. Lots of food. Discounts on area attractions and there's a bunch of hotels and restaurants real close. Will try and post some good setup information in the next couple of weeks as well. KSG and Hyperdrive work real well on the track but maybe some of the other Oval chassis teams should challenge their dominance.

Bob
Ontrack-racing

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ron: Glad to hear you'll be down. The track is still the same "old" OVAL shape so you'll be fine. I hope I'll be there on Saturday. Am in San Antonio right now...and get back in the wee hours on Friday...then leave again on Sunday morning for L.A. Hoping to get everything I need done for my trip so I can play on Saturday.

Still waiting to hear from Katf$sh and the Jax crew about when they are going to come down. He indicated they would probably be down sometime in August for a practice session.

See you soon. Bob

21 - 40 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.