Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Only 43 days until the Championships! Big guns coming from all up and down the East coast. Right now there appears to be some dominance by one of the new chassis mfg. Nitro looks to be gaining strength and the touring cars are going to be plentiful.

Should be a great event. Get those registrations in asap!

Bob

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
22 Days Until U.S. Concrete Oval Race

More and more racers are now testing and preparing for the big weekend. Practice nights as well as Saturday night racing is seeing bigger and bigger crowds.

We're pressure washing the track tomorrow morning and will be racing Saturday night on a smooth (less abrasive) track.

Just received sets of Touring Car Caps from John and the TC guys will be testing with those tomorrow. They're getting some nice times already.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KSG - Andy Mc's new chassis!

Kevin: The new KSG (Extreme Cornering Speed) chassis is making a reral mark down here. Records keep falling.

Hoping the event becomes a real chassis showdown.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey that sounds good. There will be a lot of differant rides there that weekend. Will the club race on friday offer same classes for the wekend races? Us out of towners need all the track time we can get. LOL

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely! The purpose of the Friday night is to give that additiopnal track time with competitors on the track. Of course we're also gonna run a "lights-out" race for anyone who's willing and able to try that.
It is Halloween Night after all...gonna be great with the glow sticks on the cars.

Yea...from what I understand so far Team Trinity may be the only group not represented.....but maybe they'll even show.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Boooooooo

BOY DO I LOVE HOLLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your NOT SCARED Of Things that go BUMP in the NIGHT, If YOU can Handle the PRESSURE, if you want to have Some FUN it's the race to enter.
THE 15Th RUNNING "THE SCARECROW" LIGHTS-OUT HOLLOWEEN RACE.

BOOOOOOO seeya HOLLOWEEN!!!!!!!!! :wave:

"THE ONLY SCARECROW" :devil:

KEN HOLMES

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The SPOOKS are out!

We're looking forward to getting you here..Scarecrow!

Saturday night saw some great Touring Car action on the oval. With the new BSR Touring Caps lap times are just getting faster!

Gonna be strong competition!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Musicwiz.....
Have couple of questions. You mentioned the touring car cap tires.... What is a good compound to start with for the mills pond oval ?? I'm going to attempt to run a nitro TC3. And where are the guys getting the tires locally ??
Also what touring bodies are working there ??
I've been out of town for about 3 1/2 years and at that time nobody seemed to be running the oval.... I thought it was a great track and want to give it a shot with the nitro touring car and if I can get it set up I like to try the championship race.........Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks, ZXBOY

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zxboy: The compounds that are working best on the Touring Cars are Greens on the left side and Silvers on the right. The racers wanted to run NASCAR bodies so that is preferable (Grand Prix and Dodge Intrepid(HD) work best). Since the body change was made only a few weeks ago, if racers have "only" TC bodies, that will be ok.

We will have the BSR Touring caps on hand for sale at the event. They retail for about 110.00 per set (4) but we're selling them for $64.00/set.

Hope you'll make it down for the race. Track is open now on Monday and Wednesday nights for practice and Saturday is race day.

(There were still a few of us running the oval back then but it had dwindled.....we're getting it back)

·
Registered
34 Posts
musicwiz
Thanks for the info. I'm stuck on second shift this week but I'll try and make practice next week. Could you bring a set of tires on a practice night ?? or is there a retail store location that you have where I can get them ??? Are the guys running wings on those NASCAR bodies ??
I think it's great that the touring oval thing is getting popular. Where I just moved from up north would have a couple of outdoor ovals a year that had a nitro touring class, but it never really caught on :confused: Anyhoo I'm pumped up to give this a try. Thanks, ZXBOY

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zxboy:
I won't have more touring tires until the weekend before the race. You can order them online directly from BSR yourself (bsr-racing.com) Or you might try rc4less to see if they have them. Sorry I don't have more but sold what I had.

On The pan cars we all run body mounted wings. I believe Russ Smith was running his car the other night with nothing but a spoiler. I'll double check that on Saturday night to be sure.

Will be great having you race with us.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the help Bob. Having some tires drop shipped this week. I'll be down Monday or Wednesday night next week to try and dial my car in. :thumbsup: See Ya , Roy

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roy: Glad to hear you got some tires on the way.
I have another batch on the way also. I think you'll be happy with the way they hookup.

Good luck! We're glad you're gonna run with us!

Bob

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Book Hotel Rooms Now

Racers: If you want hotel rooms at the event hotel, please book this week. Remaining rooms in the reserved block will be released next week.
The great room rate we got from the hotel will not be available if you book late.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hotel Room Block Released October 15

Kevin:

They held the room block until the 15th (two weeks beyond their normal 1 month in advance of event release date.) 3 rooms were booked on the 15th at the better rate.

Am trying to get them to recognize the original rate even for late bookings. I will know at the end of next week what the rate will be when the manager returns from out-of-town meetings.

Will keep everyone apprised! Doing everything I can to assure the best costs for racers. Not getting much help from the racers!

Don't forget that their current room rate is better than almost anything I have paid at any national r/c racing event that I have attended in the past 5 years. I believe the current rate is the best rate available at the Ramada in Orlando for the Snowbirds.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
10 Days until the USCORC in Fort Lauderdale

Well just 10 days now until the race!
Shipments of stuff arriving every day!

Weather is great (Daytime 80s, Evening 70s)!

We're ready for some racing! Come on down!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Race Week Schedule

Tentative Race Week Schedule ****:

Tuesday (10/28) - Track Closed
Wednesday (10/29)- Practice 9:00am - 10:00pm
Thursday (10/30) - Practice 9:00am - 10:00pm
Friday (10/31) - Practice 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday (10/31) - Club Race 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday (11/1) - Qualifying & Preliminary Heats
Sunday (11/2) - Main Events / Award Presentations

**** Adjustments may be made to this schedule to assure the
best possible event for all competitors

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Race Is On!!!!

One week from today the track will be open for practice and the rest of the week will be all about racing! Gonna have lots of great stuff happening!

Don't miss it!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts