Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,219 Posts
...and TNG-era windows?

For a TNG-era Jupiter-2, how about the 1701-D's captain's yacht? :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, mistitled thread. Should have been: U.F.P. instead of U.E.S.P.A.
I actually tried changing the title right after posting but it didn't work (althogh you can see the title change in the thread, just not the index).

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Not sure why I had UESPA on my fingers. Updated picture (sorry for the overwrite), just refresh and all should be well.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Made some progress tonight and thought I'd try a few ideas out on everyone. Nothing you've not seen before on other ships, but what do you think?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the re-worked top (I'm rethinking the windows just below the dome so they are gone)...

Greater spacing between the two rows of windows

Now, I can go make the underside one of two ways:

Inset

Outset

Or traditional -- i.e. lower dome and such.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The first underside shot looks really good- but in it's current version, it looks like the "V" mothership.....

The bottom shot looks more like the traditional J2, but the central portion ("fusion core"?) of the ship is too prominent, I think.

Nice work, though!! Love how the top view turned out!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I leaning towards the inset version as it will be easier and more believable (given the ship's size) to make the landing pads. And I think it looks better.

Here's an example (the four "hatches" are shown for size and location only)...

I forsee the "spider arms" spinning, and a nice blue glow to the blue warp grilles.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks... alot. I'm glad you like it. Here's something else you might enjoy.

This is by far the final form of the landing pads but I just wanted to work out sizing, placement, that sort of thing.

Landing Pad Test1 (378KB, DIVX)

And as a side note, the lion's share of the sound you hear is an everyday garage door opener. The sound itself has been "tweaked" and you might not recognize it otherwise.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts