Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the 250 GTO, 250LM, AH 100M, Cunningham C4R, TR-6 when I saw the Tyrrell elf on the pegs my first thought was OHHH YEAH!!!! Other than some minor detailing and a few decals this little sucker was pretty darn right. It's set on my shelf until I had enough decals to fill a sheet. I did fill one. So now, other than considering cutting out those tear drop side windows, I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was also amazed when the six-wheeler turned up as a mainline. I guess not too many share our appreciation for oddball F1 cars -- there were dozens of 'em left on the pegs, although I did my part by giving several of them a home.

There's really a lot of raw material here for detailing with various drivers. I'm inspired, I need to get to work!

Thanks,
Rick V.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Since HW conception in 1968 I've felt there was at least one kindred spirit in what ever marketing dept HW has going. If you think back the RL series had the FORD MkIV, Chaparral 2G, Lola GT70, McLaren M6A etc. Granted back then those were contemporary to that HW generation. I was driving back then so HW had little interest to me. The first HW I ever bought was somewhere around 2000 and it was probably those fore mentioned RL's that I immediately replicated into racing livery. Even after the RL series, HW would release things like the Jag D Type and the AC Cobra. Don't know how long that casting's been running. Why I say "kindred spirit" are the castings I previously mentioned in the top of this thread. What kid knows, wants or cares what a Cunninham C4R or an Austin Healey 100/M is? Granted they stuck that stupid blower on the 100/M but the Cunningham was pretty much spot on. By responses I get on this and other forums to my sports racing replications, I can only deduce one of two things. Either I have PO'ed a crap load of people (That may be the case.) or interest in sports car and F1 road racing ain't most diecast customizers and collectors cup of tea. Never the less it is my hope that my "kindred spirit" at HW survives and continues to win out with marketing every once in awhile to still produce historic diecast like the Daytona Cobra, UOP Shadow, BAT9, etc. I'd really like to see 'em finish out the Chaparral series before I got to that "big roadcourse in the sky."

Sorry for the long read.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts