Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you know that the TYCO Ultimate Police Car was modeled after a real show car?

It was built by Steve Tansy, a car builder (obviously), Funny Car driver and show promoter.

Marty

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
no idea either!! i thought tyco made it up on that car.. it is one of my favorite tyco police car! thanks for the info!!

Wes

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
hey marty.. can you tell us more info on that.. like what model is it? plymouth monaco? fury? what year ? 75? 77? where was it race? plus what kind of book u have there in the picture?

thanks
wes

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ep...I have one of those as well...it's beat all to hell...pipes and blower gone...glass gone...it's on a 440x2 pan chassis with a red LED in it.......IIRC..it was also a monogram model kit...

I'm thinking it is a Polara...maybe?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WesJY said:
hey marty.. can you tell us more info on that.. like what model is it? plymouth monaco? fury? what year ? 75? 77? where was it race? plus what kind of book u have there in the picture?

thanks
wes
It is a 4 door Plymouth Fury. I'm guessing it is a 74 or 75. This car and the "Test Tube T' won Steve Tansy the ISCA "Builder of the Year Award".

I don't where it was raced. I have been searching the internet for more info on Mr. Tansy. If you go to:

http://www.70sfunnycars.com/index.html

And do a search for him you will see at least one of the Funny Cars he drove.

Both pictures of the Kop Kar came from the same book. The book is called "Showtime - The Story of the International Championship Auto Shows and the Hot Rod/Custom Car World. A Twenty Year History". It was written by Michael Sheridan and Sam Bushala. Published by Promotional Displays, Inc. Copyright 1980. isbn 0-87358-278-0. IT IS AN AWESOME BOOK!!!

BTW - Mr. Tansy also built a car that had a 100 year old Brunswick, Blake and collender pool table as part of the car. It was called "The Pool Hustler". He also built the "Vending Machine" that used a Coke Machine as part of the cab.

Marty

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Marty said:
It is a 4 door Plymouth Fury. I'm guessing it is a 74 or 75. This car and the "Test Tube T' won Steve Tansy the ISCA "Builder of the Year Award".

I don't where it was raced. I have been searching the internet for more info on Mr. Tansy. If you go to:

http://www.70sfunnycars.com/index.html

And do a search for him you will see at least one of the Funny Cars he drove.

Both pictures of the Kop Kar came from the same book. The book is called "Showtime - The Story of the International Championship Auto Shows and the Hot Rod/Custom Car World. A Twenty Year History". It was written by Michael Sheridan and Sam Bushala. Published by Promotional Displays, Inc. Copyright 1980. isbn 0-87358-278-0. IT IS AN AWESOME BOOK!!!

BTW - Mr. Tansy also built a car that had a 100 year old Brunswick, Blake and collender pool table as part of the car. It was called "The Pool Hustler". He also built the "Vending Machine" that used a Coke Machine as part of the cab.

Marty

marty.. thanks for the info.. i m looking at the website. cool sites. :thumbsup:

wes

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thunderjetgene said:
Marty - isn't that a 4 door Satellite? Fury's were bigger cars - the Gran Fury was a common police car.

Gene Hedden
You're right! My mistake! Dang! There goes my one mistake for 2007!:)

Marty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts