Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one complete set in a box (very good shape with everything in it!! I got it from craigslist for 25 bucks!!) now i set it up for my son. now the problem with the chassis (i need that kind of rear tires to make it work) any idea where i can get some? i did try all kinds of tires i have from my bench (all kinds of silicone , etc.. i need some kind of tall tires) Let me know if anyone have a idea or know where to get some..

Thanks
Wes

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Try Tyco front wheels(HP7 I think) mounted on the rear axle with AFX tires. I remember doing this to the trains once. The silicone tires I used at the time were a little narrower than standard AFX tires.

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its very thin and tall.. just fyi. i did try some supertires on it and i had to cut it half but not tall enough. i am gonna look for some old hp7 tires like kiwi said.

Wes

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you can find the axles from the mattel "Cars" sets (Lightning McQueen & Doc Hudson) from a few years back, I've found they work.

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so far i tried hp7 tires it did work but not too good. now you guys will laugh. i tried this tycopro white boot tires and it works like a charm!! its thin and tall. i am lucky to find 2 pairs in good shape. now my boy is happy and been playing with it two days !!!

Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts