Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally own a Tyco Fast Traxx slot car and the treads seem real loose. Does any one make replacement Treads?

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
One temporary trick with loose tires is putting a wrap of masking tape around the rim, and then putting the tire on. Is that car the R/C looking thing with the fat knobby tires on it? I might have a couple sets if that's what they are.

·
BANNED
8,107 Posts
joeLED, that car has treads like a tank or bulldozer.
I don't know a solution for stretched treads. maybe find a rubber band that fits?

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
A piece of shrink tubing will also work but it's a bitch to remove. Either option also raises the car away from the track.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
be careful with soaking rubber, some chems will cause rubber to expand a lot!
I did a t-jet tire once that got as big as a donut! it did shrink down after that but was very lose on the hub.

I would try rubber renue or 1 of the RC car chems that softens the rubber.
apply on the inside and out, it may not shrink it, but would give more grip.

Not sure if a blow dryer would dry out to much, but it should shrink it some, but then again, the rubber renew may help stop it from drying out???

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have three and two dont have the bands. I havent found anywhere the sells the replacements at all. Bubba123 is working on some but hasnt gotten them down to the t yet.

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Just wandering here, could you cut it with a razor blade, trim off a hair, and use some CA glue to bond it back??? Some of that glue is suppose to bond rubber. I'd cut it, lay it flat on a piece of wax paper, add some glue, then push the ends together...might work, might not...RM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts