Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appologize in advance if this has been discussed before but I didn't see anything so here goes...

Does anyone have any idea who the artist was responsible for some of those beautiful illustrations on the old Tyco set boxes?

Growing up, sure comercials helped--but getting to Toys R Us I can remember being mesmorized by some of the artwork...which more or less sold me on what set to ask for that Christmas.

US-1 and Grand Prix are the 1st to come to mind, unfortunatley I don't own US-1 anymore (will change that soon!) but the Grand Prix set did manage to survive childhood...and still those Indy cars under that sunny blue sky still looks as striking as ever.

So...who drew it up? And while we're at it...what's your favorite??

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I appologize in advance if this has been discussed before but I didn't see anything so here goes...

Does anyone have any idea who the artist was responsible for some of those beautiful illustrations on the old Tyco set boxes?

Growing up, sure comercials helped--but getting to Toys R Us I can remember being mesmorized by some of the artwork...which more or less sold me on what set to ask for that Christmas.

US-1 and Grand Prix are the 1st to come to mind, unfortunatley I don't own US-1 anymore (will change that soon!) but the Grand Prix set did manage to survive childhood...and still those Indy cars under that sunny blue sky still looks as striking as ever.

Ask on hoslotracer.com there is a member on there who used to work for Tyco in their Heyday, He might be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

I own several original box art paintings from both Aurora and Tyco.....ALL by outsourced contract artists. Although I do have several drawings form esteemed aurora artists.

----------------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts