Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Talentless Hack
426 Posts
It's only slightly off... it was a Ford when it ran as the #10 with Ricky Rudd. When it was a Pontiac, it was #32 with Ricky Craven behind the wheel :thumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
The color combo on that tide car is awesome.White and orange do blend good together.
this deco style was released in a few different shades of orange.I have a fluorescent orange colored car,Its got flat paint and it looks like H.K didn't add the clear coat.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Nice paint job but that's as far as I would go. The hood and roof decals are way too big. I have a couple dozen factory deco bodies and none of them have that problem.

You should send Danny an email to see if he knows anything about it.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
Looks like a fake. Decals are waaaay to big, plus the body style doesn't jive with the number. When Rudd ran for Tide at Hendrick it was in #5 (released by Tyco). When he started his own team it was #10 and a Ford. Ricky Craven got Tide on a later Pontiac model driving for Cal Wells' #32 I believe.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The tide car may look fake but it's a pre production hand decoed prototype with either vinyl stickers or water slides applied.The actual production deco is much different.

·
Talentless Hack
426 Posts
Well I hope they got it right in production... The body itself is an early 90's Pontiac. Tide was with Hendrick until 1993, on Chevy's. In 94 it went with Rudd who started his own team, running the #10, It remained on the #32 Ford until 2003 when the team switched to Pontiacs, where Ricky Craven gave Pontiac it's final win in the series at Darlington, in what is still the closest finish in NASCAR history!

Damn, I should become a historian! lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
#10 Tide pre-production car

Thanks guys, almost a year ago I bought Dan Esposito's TYCO collection and this is one of the cars in it. A pre-prod hand deco'ed example of what R&D was working on. My question was along the lines of the Pontiac used as opposed to the ones in Dan's book.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts