Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The #12 car is a Progetto K.

I need help with the #16 car. I can't read the base of the car. The lettering is very small.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Well, the #16 looks to be a 250GT SWB - as for who made it, I don't know - there was an Italian range, called Box, which made several Ferraris, but, I don't recall them having opening features....

Steve

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jinx said:
Well, the #16 looks to be a 250GT SWB - as for who made it, I don't know - there was an Italian range, called Box, which made several Ferraris, but, I don't recall them having opening features....

Steve
Here's a pic of the base of the car Steve. You're right, it is a 250 GT. It was made by Jouef. I have only a few BOX models and like them very much.

·
Registered
920 Posts
STUTZ said:
Here's a pic of the base of the car Steve. You're right, it is a 250 GT. It was made by Jouef. I have only a few BOX models and like them very much.

That ties in, I've got a Jouef Porsche 911 Carrera RS - the doors on which, look like they may have been an opening feature, on an earlier release - although on mine they are firmly shut!

Steve

·
Registered
343 Posts
Right. First Jouef Evolution in 1/43 were extremely detailed, with opening features and photo etched parts. They cost about $40 or $50. Then same cars were released with few features and more ordinary packaging but they looked just about as good for about $15. I believe they date from about 1990/1992 or so. I've got several; all are Ferraris.

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ranchero said:
Right. First Jouef Evolution in 1/43 were extremely detailed, with opening features and photo etched parts. They cost about $40 or $50. Then same cars were released with few features and more ordinary packaging but they looked just about as good for about $15. I believe they date from about 1990/1992 or so. I've got several; all are Ferraris.
Thanks for the information on this car ranchero. You and jinx (Steve) are two very knowledgable collectors!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts