1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are by Minichamps

1969 Mercury Marauder

1969 Ford Mustang

No doubt, those more expert than me will be able to advise the exact model discription - I think the Mustang is of the type Steve McQueen used in "Bullett".

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I do like that Marauder, but I have yet to see one in person. Show next week usually has a guy selling Minichamps, maybe I'll get lucky.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scrambler81 said:
I do like that Marauder, but I have yet to see one in person. Show next week usually has a guy selling Minichamps, maybe I'll get lucky.
Good luck - mine is from the Ford Centenary set of a few years ago - Minichamps have done another couple of colours in the standard range.

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I like your 1969 Mercury Marauder Steve. :thumbsup:

The Bullitt Mustang was a 1968 model. Check the base on the Mustang. Does it describe it as a 1968 Mustang? Nevertheless, it is a very nice Mustang! Is your Mustang black? Bullitt's Mustang was dark green (Highland Green I believe). I like the aftermarket mag wheels on the car too. It looks like Bullitt's Mustang. I have to look for this Mustang to add to my collection. I hope I can find a green Mustang.

Thanks for sharing these two cars! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a Great Weekend!............Ray

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STUTZ said:
I like your 1969 Mercury Marauder Steve. :thumbsup:

The Bullitt Mustang was a 1968 model. Check the base on the Mustang. Does it describe it as a 1968 Mustang? Nevertheless, it is a very nice Mustang! Is your Mustang black? Bullitt's Mustang was dark green (Highland Green I believe). I like the aftermarket mag wheels on the car too. It looks like Bullitt's Mustang. I have to look for this Mustang to add to my collection. I hope I can find a green Mustang.

Thanks for sharing these two cars! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a Great Weekend!............Ray
Thanks Ray, on checking my database, it is a '68 Mustang in, according to Minichamps, Raven Black. I was aware that it wasn't the right colour to be the "Bullitt" car - in fact, Minichamps have done the car in dark green as well - discribed as the "Bullitt" Mustang ref 436 082022. In the catalogue, colours are just marked as red, green, blue etc, it is only when you receive the model, that you know the car manufacturers full colour name "Guards Red", "Oak Green", "Ice Blue", which is marked on the plinth.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
jinx said:
Thanks Ray, on checking my database, it is a '68 Mustang in, according to Minichamps, Raven Black. I was aware that it wasn't the right colour to be the "Bullitt" car - in fact, Minichamps have done the car in dark green as well - discribed as the "Bullitt" Mustang ref 436 082022. In the catalogue, colours are just marked as red, green, blue etc, it is only when you receive the model, that you know the car manufacturers full colour name "Guards Red", "Oak Green", "Ice Blue", which is marked on the plinth.

Cheers,

Steve
I'd love to find a green Bullitt Mustang Steve. Your black Mustang is very nice too!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Wow, the Marauder is stunning....never going to find one of those in 64 :cry:
Nice Mustang, too. JL and Greenlight both do a very nice job with several model years in .........that other scale ;)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SkipperC said:
Wow, the Marauder is stunning....never going to find one of those in 64 :cry:
Nice Mustang, too. JL and Greenlight both do a very nice job with several model years in .........that other scale ;)
Thanks - the Marauder is a very unusual subject for Minichamps. It was originally part of the Ford Centenary set.

There were three Centenary Sets made by Minichamps, for the US, Europe & Australia. Some of the cars came in all three, but, there were some different models in each. I can only assume, that someone, in the Ford marketing department liked Marauders......

:wave:

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts