Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I finished detailing two new molds my daughter Robin made over the weekend. The masters were sent in by Glenn Oswald and Robin did the rest.

First one is a 59 Tbird modified. I added Dash Motor Sports exhaust and front nerf bar. I replaced the rear body post with a rectangle piece of balsa wood so a rear nerf bar could be mounted but did not mount it. It is shown on a LWB TJET with AFX rear wheels on the front and rear with Super Tires

Decals are RRR

Next up is a 69 Firebird Short Track car. I opened up the rear window on the master so the body would set better and on the one shown here I drilled the rear body post through the trunk then to cover up my mistake I cast a gas cap fron one of my indy molds and placed it over the hole. Decals are RRR and some old AutoWorld shown on a SWB TJET chassis with RRR wheels and tires.

I enjoyed making both of these. I wish some one would mold some differenet exhaust and nerf bars, gas caps etc that can be used when modeling.

Roger Corri

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Roger, Lov'em all. That green FBird really trips my trigger. However I'm gonna have to cry foul because you now have a journeyman accomplice on the production line. Life just aint fair. LOL......... BH

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
WOW.. they look really sharp!! good job man!! keep them coming!! i am jealous too i got no time to do cars lately its been 3 months!!

Wes

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
More great lookers! If you want some new nerf bars, get some of those paper clips (the larger diameter ones) and a set of neddle nose pliers and have a blast. Used to use those on some of the junkers I used to do up, worked great. In some of those track events, you would even get the real bend in them when getting nailed. :) rr

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill Hall said:
Roger, Lov'em all. That green FBird really trips my trigger. However I'm gonna have to cry foul because you now have a journeyman accomplice on the production line. Life just aint fair. LOL......... BH
Robin has cast a few that she will be detailing some up herself. Look for a nice red and white 56 Ford first.

My overall goal was by the end of 2007 for her to be self sufficent making her own molds and detailing her own cars. You know the old saying about teaching a man to fish well hopefully this will provide her a small source of income for as long as she wants and who knows maybe she will pass it down to her children :)

Roger Corrie

·
Registered
327 Posts
vaBcHRog,

Love your cars. Really like the nasty looking Ford, great details. Keep'em coming, good eye candy . . .

Cheers,
Jas

·
Registered
401 Posts
Those are both great looking models. The T-Bird really looks like a Saturday night short tracker, that you could see at your local dirt track. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Nice ones, Rog and Rob-

I really like the look of the T-bird!
A great colour choice!

The F/Bird looks similar to your former casting--the one with the shaker hood...
I finished that casting and showed it here some time back-
I'm sure this F/bird is as clean a and crisp as the one I have.

Very nice... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts