Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Okay...

I knew I'd seen these before. They are not new. I just thumbed through my collection of AMAZING FIGURE MODELER magazines ( which I haven't bought in years ) and found an ad in Issue #12 on page 65 for THE DOLL AND HOBBY SHOPPE adverstising the return of "Monster Mates". These sculpts by the late Jim Fawkes include: Lady Kwazimodo, Princess Ananka, and an unpictured Wolf Girl. This magazine was published in 1998.

So, my questions are: WHO is Lunatic Fringe? And... are these authorized re-pops? Or is somebody out there recasting these old kits?

- GJS

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Oh great ! I got the original Fairbanx Princess from the eBait at considerably more money. ( thinking I'd gotten a rarity )
I haven't touched it yet so I coulda saved myself quite a few bucks and helped out a board member too. It's a pretty clean casting and good looking model. ( I mean that both ways !! LOL )
Good luck on sales Dave !!
Dabbler

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well there goes my allowance! Never built resin kits but after seeing thease kits got to have them. This is what I needed to lift my mood and start modeling again. Now if the wife will aprove of them. On second thought the heck with her.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Very cool news! I remember when Fairbanx first brought these out. Dave; any chance of some new additions to the monster mates line up?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We do have an all-new kit in the works for Spring release, She'll be a Pirate girl, I guess that she could be someones mate. But probably not a "Monster Mate"
We are working out sketches for the kit which will follow her, again not really "Monster Mate" type subject matter.
We've got to do some thinking about where we could go with "Monster Mates"

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I'm still trying to figure how to use her with a Luminator's Mummy incorporated without one overshadowing the other or facing "backwards". ?? Plus I'd like to 'convert' the Mummy to hold a papyrus made from tinted parchment paper ?? ( without further investment, of course !)

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Dave, how about a "Warlock" to match the "Witch", "Alchemist" ,
or a 'mate" for Kong ?? An "Invisible Lady" may be a challenge ? A "Werwoman", "Werwife" ??

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Dave Hussey said:
I see that the Mummy Momma is having a hard time keeping things under wraps! :eek: :devil:

What scale is she, Dave?

Huzz
I'm going to guess that she's 1:8 scale - so she can be used with the Aurora/PL Kharis figure.

- GJS

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Both figures are 1/8 scale as they were intended to be "mates" for Aurora Monsters...
I have kits here, ready to ship, and will also be bringing them to Wonderfest in May.

We will have at least one entirely new girl kit to introduce at Wonderfest and may have a couple other items there as well. All are girl kits...

Dave

R

·
0 Posts
With any luck yes.

I do belive i'll be looking forward to hearing more about the Pirate girl.

Go easy

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
Dave Metzner said:
We do have an all-new kit in the works for Spring release, She'll be a Pirate girl, I guess that she could be someones mate. But probably not a "Monster Mate".
You could pair her up with the Aurora Blackbeard kit...just a suggestion. :devil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts