Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
69Stang said:
Hey CH, I wish my best work looked as good as the "one your not happy with!" I really liked the first version, but when you reworked the front and recessed the grill, it just came together.

The size of the valance just did not hit me as a problem. I still think Chevy made a Cadillac and not a Camaro, but I love your version.
I figured I couldn't do any worse than Chevy did. While I do like it better than the Chevy offering I think it'll look much better with the modified 70 front end.......I've just got to find it. It'll show up when I finish cleaning out my old work room.

· Registered
9,757 Posts
I like the design you came up with CH. It looks a lot better than what Chevrolet made. I couldn't agree more about the grille of the '07 Camaro. The car looks great in profile, but then you come around to the front end of it and you'd think you were looking at an entirely different car. To me, that grille opening just doesn't work. I think that its slit-like appearance combined with the way the grille itself angles back makes it wrong for that body. That grille looks like it belongs on something long, sleek and wedge shaped, not on this short and blocky car. Remember these conceptual renderings? Most of them would have been awesome. I wish Chevy had gone this route instead of the one they did.

http://www.arkansascamaro.com/2007camaro.html

· Registered
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OH MAN! The first red one looks good. But if they'd produced the green one they couldn't have kept up with demand. The blue SS looks like the second one I'm doing. You can see it in the background of a couple of shots. But like you say just about any of these would be an improvement. Go figure the "suits" at GM.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.