Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How important is have a tweak board for flat/banked track racing? Is there a big difference between have a board with two scales other than 4 scales? Which one is perfered? Any companies that make one or is it better to just make one yourself?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Racing Raider said:
How important is have a tweak board for flat/banked track racing? Is there a big difference between have a board with two scales other than 4 scales? Which one is perfered? Any companies that make one or is it better to just make one yourself?
Tweak boards w/ scales allow for consistant chassis setup wth some repeatability that can be documented via a number eithers oz. or grams. Most use two scales but I prefer four to calculate cross weight easier.
Lefthander sells a nice board with two scales that works quite well.

Scott Law
RIP Motorsports
VooDoo Racing Cells
Team TEKIN
Team RSE
ORC

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that they did sell a board. They had two for sell, one with two scales and one with four scales. Obviously the one with two scales is cheaper, but would the four scale be better for the reason you mentioned?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Personal preference for me. Two scales work 99.9% of the time.
Four scales sometimes will cause some second guessing on chassis set-up therefore I recomend two scales and primarily monitor left rear tire weight.

Hope this helps,

SL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts