Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my "Thing" is Hollywood/Tv cars.....
anyone else into this genre'???
w/ love 2 get 2tegther on w/ we've done (show/tell--ish)
i'm not as good as u guys @ customs, but w/ like 2 get with u on this genre'...

anyone up 4 it??????? ;-)

Bubba 123 ;-)
I'll get this party started...

(^^^working on the old Mercedes convertible and the Camaro from this one too...)

eager to see some others, I know they're out there...

--rick

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Hey rick, I love your American Graffiti Collection :thumbsup:

Question tho, where did you get the roof for the HotRod to turn it into Milners 5 Window Deuce ?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
ok

MASH

Cars

LeMans

Transformers

GREAT work GWN!!! :thumbsup:

maybe try an open, old style jeep & find an old school bus 2 add as well 2
the MASH line-up... some old helicopter models & army tents w/ b nice 2..

some company made em in HO...WAY-Back...can't remember the MFG's
BUT I had 2 go to Canada 2 get 'em in the 70's.....

company made all kinds of HO military pre-assembled vehicles & acccesseries..

please let me know if u find 'em...usually in hobby shops :thumbsup:

Bubba 123 :wave:

·
BANNED
8,110 Posts
diecast

Hey rick, I love your American Graffiti Collection :thumbsup:

Question tho, where did you get the roof for the HotRod to turn it into Milners 5 Window Deuce ?
those are all die cast bodies, likely Motor Max 1/64 American Graffiti series. I have a bunch of those that I haven't converted yet.
on eBay in toys and hobbies/diecast/1/64 put in the word dio* (make sure you use the asterisk) and many of those will come up. prices vary and some are too high.
some have nice diorama scenes, some just have a photo on cardboard background.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Look again Al...

those are all die cast bodies, likely Motor Max 1/64 American Graffiti series. I have a bunch of those that I haven't converted yet.
on eBay in toys and hobbies/diecast/1/64 put in the word dio* (make sure you use the asterisk) and many of those will come up. prices vary and some are too high.
some have nice diorama scenes, some just have a photo on cardboard background.

Al, look at Rick's Yellow Milner coupe again, the bottom portion is a T-Jet Hotrod Coupe/Roadster with a New Roof grafted on and new nose and added rear fenders....

·
BANNED
8,110 Posts
milners coupe diecast

the roof of the middle coupe comes off easily and is not molded as part of the complete body.
could be the donor?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the roof of the middle coupe comes off easily and is not molded as part of the complete body.
could be the donor?

you got it. popped the top off that diecast and the grille too, IIRC. (i posted a thread on it a zillion years ago, wonder if i can find it.) i wanted to get the front cycle fenders on too, but i lack the engineering talent and voodoo skills to make that work...

the Impala was cast by Roger Corrie, and if i'm not mistaken he used the JL diecast as the master, then shrunk it down using... what was that shrinking resin stuff he discovered? and Falfa's '55 was a Bat-Jet resin, also based on a diecast. in retrospect, i shoulda used another MM '55 like i did for the Two-Lane Blacktop car, since it was a sedan and not a hardtop. trivia fact: did you all know that the '55 in Two-Lane Blacktop and Falfa's '55 are the same car?

http://unofficialamericangraffiti.weebly.com/the-1955-chevy.html

--rick

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
movie carz

I was waiting for someone to submit the pics of the roiginal Move Car Stars but since no-one did i will. Ladies and Gentlemen Allow me to introduce the Bullit Twins The grren Mustang is an MEV bod and the Charger is a early JL edition I painted black.
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
American graffetti

Here are the Resin bods Joe Furulli does they come with movie actors for both cars . The coupe sits on a slimline chassis and the 55 uses a regular tjet chassis. Mekenzie Phillips even has an Ice cream cone.
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mekenzie Phillips even has an Ice cream cone.
Clyde-0-Mite
Ok that's just AWESOME. Hmmmm, my coupe is based on an Aurora Hot Rod so it has an interior... Wonder if I could get Milner and Carol figures in there...

--rick

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Ummmm....

Ok rick, but you failed to mention if THAT removable top was Plastic or diecast metal ???
Anyway rick, You did an Awesome Job on YOUR Milner Coupe, I love it :thumbsup:
you got it. popped the top off that diecast and the grille too, IIRC. (i posted a thread on it a zillion years ago, wonder if i can find it.) i wanted to get the front cycle fenders on too, but i lack the engineering talent and voodoo skills to make that work...

--rick

1 - 20 of 212 Posts