Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just got a Turbo 35 GFX Charger I am charging the following packs:
3500mAh 6 Cell Packs
4200mAh 4 Cell Packs
4300mAh 4 Cell Packs
1600mAh 4cell Spec Packs

Can some one help me with optimum settings for charging screen discharge screen and cycle screens for each of these packs. I figure a 6 amp charge and 30 amp discharge would suffice however would be interested in what other setting need to be.

H

·
0 Posts
Without having the manual in front of me, you would need to refer to it. But there is an area that allows you to store several profiles in the GFX. Scroll through menu using the Mode button until you come to program menu then enter a program for each type of battery in your arsenal - then use the Page button to scroll through and change the parameters (charging, discharging, cycling, motor run).

With IB4200 4cell I use a 6amp charge, 02 detect, discharge 35amp with a 1 volts cutoff, cycling - can't remember the exact rest periods but I used what was suggested on TQ Cells, while the IB3800 4cell use the same charge voltage but a .03 detect, but on discharge used a .90 volt cutoff.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
there are plenty of threads for this already... but for starters...

equalize and then charge at 6 amps

4200's - 4-cell packs is 0,02V and for 6-cell packs is 0,03V ... adjust accordingly on heat ... go up if needed. sometimes i do 0,03V on 4 cell too... no problems.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You will want to lower the detection to keep the pack cooler. I normally use .03 in the winter and .02 in the summer if im outdoors to keep the packs temperature within reason.

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
todays ib cells prefer to run warm than cool. optimal temperature for the cells is around 125°F.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
remember, even after you stop charging the temp goes up a little, so adjust your temp gauge accordingly *IF* you are charging by temp. any good cell should charge just fine w/o temp monitoring.... if they get too hot, then you either have some bad cells, or some other factor. also, dont charge under direct sunlight, talk about "heating" your batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts