Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that there are miniture jet turbines out on the market (wren, jetcat) and after i viewed some vids of them in action it got me to thinking... now these turbines can be run straight with an intake and an exhaust like a traditional jet and they can be run with a prop on the turbine shaft for a turbo prop and they can be attached to a drive train to power the rotor for heli's. now i was thinking could the same be done for a car or truck? use a tubine powered drive train to turn the wheels? i bet that would be fast as hell! it would make a great project car! if anyone builds it send me a pic...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking more like a direct gear driven drive train like on the turbine heli's... that car is really only driven by the turbine exhaust..

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. got any pics or links to that turbine heli (i am not a heli or gas guy)
2. why would this guy post details of his car? If i was going to enter, i wouldnt post anything other than speeds and body shots

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
sleepy23 said:
. . .
2. why would this guy post details of his car? If i was going to enter, i wouldnt post anything other than speeds and body shots
A. If you look at the turbine arrangement, it shoots hot exhaust gas up from the driven turbine area. If you look at the body, there isn't anyplace for the gases to go. He's keeping something, probably quite a bit, under his hat.

B. I'd post those speeds if I was entering, and hope that I could at least double them by the time the real thing came around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts