Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Might as well start a new thread for this track. This is a by invitation only track. But it's easy to get the invitation.This Sunday I'll take a measurement of the tri-oval track and list the center line. This is a first class track that looks as professional as you would want a track to look . They will in the near future add a road course section in the middle.Presently the three top drivers are turning 3.9-4.1 second laps with the 4 cell 19 turn cars(58 laps T.Q). In Legends the T.Q is 50 laps as is the Spec trucks.
There is plently of power- tables and chairs.It will be a ROAR santioned track real soon so you'll have to be a ROAR member to race and practice.
The tires used(foam only) for the 4 cell class is for starters: Purple fronts and purple rears. Some are using Red fronts. Tires will be available this weekend(Sunday)at the track by someone I'm sure.The computer will also be up and running this Sunday with organized runs starting around 12-1pm.
If you don't know the Carriggs they are some of the nicest people you'll ever run into and they like to race R/C's.You'll also have to put up with the #3 shrine they have.It's a fun afternoon racing with some really good folks.Information about Palm Valley Raceway -directions and phone number can be faxed or e-mailed : just leave a message.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Palm Valley Raceway

R.C.Racers from Sarasota thinking about coming up there ,purples,red,on concrete any sugar water needed,keep us posted.Good Luck with your new track we are In between tracks down here.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hey Tuffy can Dan and I come race with you guys on sunday? I'm trying to get the invitation the bullfrog was talking about!;)
Greg

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
greg it's an easy invite to get, but not that damn easy! lol :devil:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Katfish,
Sounds like the daytona crew needs to make a trip to jax to run the high banked tri-oval. I'm gonna run sunday and I'll give ya a shout!
Greg:thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They don't sugar water cement.They run purple front or comb of red and purple and purple rears. You don't need any traction additives.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
BullFrog said:
...If you don't know the Carriggs they are some of the nicest people you'll ever run into and they like to race R/C's.You'll also have to put up with the #3 shrine they have.
Bill-
Don't forget the Darrell Waltrip (cardboard cutout) guarding the cookies & the fridge! :lol: If you've never been in the kitchen,DW will scare the crap out of you as soon as you walk in!! He's done it to me twice last Sunday!! Yes,there's a lot of Earnhardt memorabilia in there that I've never even knew existed! See you all in 2 weeks! I've gotta get this car ready for Tuffy's!

-George Ramos
KGB Nation

·
Registered
470 Posts
Bullfrog,

So,.....just how does one go about getting an invitation? I bought a Legends car,built it last night,.....just got to get the charger,and some radio gear,.......talked to George last night,he said that there was some really tight racing there! Sounds like fun! A question,....what keeps the plastic from separating from the aluminum on the newer Legends axle hub,in a crash? Inquiring minds want to know. :confused: Thanks!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joespec - We've got a spot just waiting for you.The new hubs work fine- no problems. You coming out Sunday?Bring your spec Car/truck so we can come up with the rules. Frank will be there with some truck bodies already done.I can bring my loaner Legends for you to race. I would suggest bring your batteries and motor- yours are probably better than what's in the car. You know you can call if you'd like and ask questions.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Bullfrog,

Oh yeah! I've got today to do the honey-do's,and tomorrow I'll be there,.....even if just to see the place.George said that it is great there! He also said that the surface preparation was very smooth! Do you take a check for roar membership? If so,...please bring me an application,....and I can join tomorrow. Oh yeah,......good job on the track record! On the oval no less,......LOL,I love it:D

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See you tommorrow and I'll have some forms with me and we take checks.
I'm serious about the loaner car - you can take the stuff out of it and use it in yours if you like.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I got my invite. When does the race start BF?
Greg

Bill racing oval scary, what's the world coming too?LOLOLOL

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I'm racing oval- my best time was 51 laps.Come on- I'm ready for ya.I usually get there around 12:15-12;30. I guess you could get there around 12:00. Just don't pit on the white table.You don't want to get the guy with the computer to miss count your laps????????See you Sunday.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Bullfrog,just curious why is it foams only?Seems like caps would be so much better on 'crete unless its rough surface.Most 'crete tracks i've been on caps last forever.Thanks

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
please dont go caps! ughhhhh

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Is it a smooth sealer or does it have some sand in it?.Where is it at in jville?Might stop by on the way down to the 'birds.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
katf1sh said:
please dont go caps! ughhhhh
Exactly! Caps can be too costly for the average weekend racer to collect a few different compounds-even though they last longer than foams. Plus they can be fickle to different (and sometimes drastic) temp changes throughout the day,such as the temps up here lately! The foams have a bit more consistency,but that all depends on car setup & driving style,too!
-George Ramos
KGB Nation

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Chill-out!Re-read my thread gents,only curious,not trying to change anything.Heck i don't even live there!Too dang hot,but if you see an older fellow named J.L.Day help him out,he's a good guy.

1 - 20 of 530 Posts