Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a project but seeing Gunn and a few others do it, I decided to give it a try. It was time consuming but as with anything that turns out decent, it is worth the time and hassle to do it right.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Great work!

Ain't as easy as one may think...Just following the lines can become quite frustrating.
Practice on different castings/brands then go for the real deal.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeing that top picture reminded me, I'm not done with it! :lol: its been sitting on the desktop here for awhile and I've basicly have the Trunk lid done so it will open but I remember now I was looking for a rumble seat insert type so when the Trunk lid is flipped the seat would show. The hood line next to the windshield is cut already but I still have to cut the sides and insert a motor. I guess I needed to take a break- Man, I must be getting old, hahaha - I go to show something off and I plum forget to finish it. Enjoy the Opened doors :)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
nice job and as jeff said it isn't as easy as everyone thinks. but i like what you did to it. and post more pic's when finished later gunn

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
plankowner said:
Is that Tucker parked in a stream in that second picture? ;)

Great work!
Yes, its parked in the kids school projects stream, even the wife said, why is it in the river? :lol: Okay, the little Homeys figures are coming out to wash it -

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hello,

I've heard the Tucker was a boat--looks like you're trying to prove that theory! Opening doors--WOW! :eek: That mut have takin' some time and patience. I bow to you, sir...
I would love a thread on a "How To" relating to that feature.
Maybe you can use to engine from the Bat-Copter, since the 1/1 was originally powered by a helicopter motor--in the boot!
Superb work! :thumbsup:

Cheers..

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Some of the early prototypes did run on 6 and 8 cylinder motors the last cars had the helicoptermoters that were donated by Howard Hughs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts