Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it took a few weeks and some investigation (and bugging them) on my behalf, but I finally got the bad news. Asda in the UK have dropped Matchbox products from their toy section. The toy resets did replace them with Maisto "Adventure Wheels" products and no Asda will be stocking Matchbox any more.

However, in my talks with Asda I was told that I could make an official request for them to stock Matchbox again and it will be logged with their sales team. If enough requests for any products get logged, the sales team will look into stocking that particular product. I have made an official log for Matchbox singles and 5-packs to be stocked again. So if there are others in the UK who still collect the modern stuff, and would like Asda to put them back on the shelf, all they have to do is give their customer services a call on

0800 952 0101 (it's a freephone number so will not cost anything), choose option 5 (don't bother listening to the initial chatter message, as just pressing 5 will send it straight to an operative) and say that you are putting in a request for Matchbox singles and 5-packs to be restocked at Asda again. If they get a bunch of people asking their sales team will have to take notice. It costs nothing, only takes a few minutes, and could mean that we get back to getting up to date releases in the UK again.

Please make sure you ring between 8am and 8pm (Mon-Fri), 9am and 5.30pm (Sat) or 10am and 4pm (Sun) as that is when customer services are open.

It is no good complaining that the UK is no longer up to date with Matchbox. If we don't make a sound nobody is going to hear us.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
All the best for this effort, DT. Looks like Maisto has gotten a foot in the door after all with their cheapo quality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts