Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to contact thru the autoworld website and it's not working.

Tom, an easy question.............you made mention of other "chase related" cars in master cases, what are the details on them?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
micyou03 said:
Now, this would be fun if there were more stores where we can go and look at them.

Unfortunately, you're exactly right :( A few years ago around here we could just visit our local "Hobby Lobby" chain stores and walk right in to see JL slot cars......but that era is looong past.

None of the so called "Hobby Shops" (and I use that term loosely) around here even carry JL/AW product.......so I'm SOL..... :drunk:

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not Tom Lowes fault they aren't in the hobby stores. the 3 local hobbyshops in my area all buy from the same distributor, who does get Autoworld cars in. 2 of the 3 get them. the other hobby store buys from me. :)
Thats 3 for 3 and the chain store Hobbytown, usa. and they have them too.

GO TO THE HOBBYSTORE AND ASK THEM TO GET THEM IN..............

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I did that at like three of my local hobby stores. They did and noe one bought them except me. They later sold me all their leftover cars real cheap. I doubt they will go for that one again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
micyou03 said:
I did that at like three of my local hobby stores. They did and noe one bought them except me. They later sold me all their leftover cars real cheap. I doubt they will go for that one again.
Reason there not in the Hobby stores is the so called distributors that only sell on e-bay ruined the business for them..They take the whites out & sell them for crazy $'s & then dump the rest at cost or below cost on e-bay just to move them..People are not stupid , why pay 15.00 a car at a hobby store when you can get them on e-bay for 8.00 to 10.00..That is why the Hobby Stores are not stocking them..As you said your hobby shop was stuck with them & gave them away cheap just to recoupe his money..Can't blame him for that..I am a distributor for AW & have had several hobby store's I was supplying cancell their back orders with me because they got stuck with the last releases that came out for this reason...Hopefully with the new way the whites are going to be sold through the AW website it will help this problem..The distributors that only sell on e-bay will be forced to up the prices on the regular cars if they want to keep the same margin of profit on their cases..If that does happen I see more Hobbystores stocking them in the future..It will be more of a fair playing ground for them..
So the bottom line is hang in there , I do believe things will get better for everyone ..

Bobby's Hobby's
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I probably actually ended up getting them all for what i should have paid considering (at least one of the hobby shops) sold me three White Whunders from each release for $30-$40 each car, plus one case of each release for $120, before they sold me the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts