Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fans of big rigs, dumps, tractor trailers and other American Diesel??

US-1 trucking was my 1st set ever and now that I'm slowly getting back into collecting it's time to lay the hammer down! If ya can't find em, grind em! :thumbsup:

Any truck fans here? I'd love to see some of your cool trucks! (and any info about them would be appreciated!)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Pics of a few of my trucks...

And the truck I'd most like for AW to issue:

Unfortunately, this didn't make it to production and a lucky handful of collectors have a prototype.

·
Registered
337 Posts
my 4 year old loves trucks part 2

And trucks for fun!

and a couple more on the job...

I know there's more on there somewhere, but that's all I've got pics of right now.

He's even helped me customize a few! and he can make the whole track with an aurora racing rig without tipping over or losing the trailer!

john

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I was thinking this was all I had...

but then I started sifting through my pictures and I came up with a few more...

(for some reason i saw fit to document this :freak: )

Camera truck made from a $15 "nannycam" bought off Fleabay (now rendered pretty much obsolete by Hot Wheels Video Racer) :

Hacked cheap toy

Mocked this up but never finished it:

for the last couple years, i have been picking up toy diecast trailers at yard sales that work out well behind AFX Semis. pretty sure the brand is Maisto and similar knockoffs...

got a few pickups and vans too...

--rick

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! This thread was a bad idea for me on so many levels.....you guys have some awesome trucks!

Hey ParkRDNL...are those Smokey and the Bandit cars customs or stock? I pretty much had a mild stroke when I saw Snowman's truck!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Wow! This thread was a bad idea for me on so many levels.....you guys have some awesome trucks!

Hey ParkRDNL...are those Smokey and the Bandit cars customs or stock? I pretty much had a mild stroke when I saw Snowman's truck!
The Trans Am is a stock Auto World body. Buford's brown Pontiac is a custom based on an Aurora Chevelle Stocker. Snowman's truck is a stock Auto World Racin' Rigs tractor with a sleeper added off an old AFX truck and a custom painted Maisto toy trailer. A link to the murals on the truck, as well as other information about the build, is in this thread:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=342644

But don't be too impressed with mine. Someone here on the board did a more detailed one, including a more correct tractor painted with the correct stripes and (I thought) cases of Coors in the trailer! And they put Bandit and Frog in a Tyco Trans Am, if I remember correctly... Who did that anyway? Now I gotta look that up...

--rick

edit: here ya go. Everything from Fred to Frog...

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=234062&page=72

pretty sure there was even another one that started with a body that wasn't originally a slot car body...

edit again: that was XracerHO at the One Guy Garage too. just skip to the next page in the thread posted above.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Trans Am is a stock Auto World body. Buford's brown Pontiac is a custom based on an Aurora Chevelle Stocker. Snowman's truck is a stock Auto World Racin' Rigs tractor with a sleeper added off an old AFX truck and a custom painted Maisto toy trailer. A link to the murals on the truck, as well as other information about the build, is in this thread:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=342644

But don't be too impressed with mine. Someone here on the board did a more detailed one, including a more correct tractor painted with the correct stripes and (I thought) cases of Coors in the trailer! And they put Bandit and Frog in a Tyco Trans Am, if I remember correctly... Who did that anyway? Now I gotta look that up...

--rick

edit: here ya go. Everything from Fred to Frog...

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=234062&page=72

pretty sure there was even another one that started with a body that wasn't originally a slot car body...

edit again: that was XracerHO at the One Guy Garage too. just skip to the next page in the thread posted above.
Wow awesome stuff!

I have that Tyco T/A I think...I have a complete Police Pursuit set. I just need to work on some rigs now as I love trucks...and I'm a truck driver!

I remember the US-1 trucks being pretty slow in comparison to the other slots at the time, did those trucks have motors built specifically for them??

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
US 1 Trucking sets worked on a different voltage. I can't remember the rating, but if you run them on regular tracks you chance burning them out. I have a bunch of duplicate blue cab overs, trailers and kenwoths. PM me if your interested...

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Yeah, Madsapper is right... the US-1 trucks were set up completely differently from other slot cars in the 70s and 80s. if i'm not mistaken, some of the accessories were designed to work with train sets. they had different voltages and were geared differently too. they wouldn't run as fast as "regular" slot cars, but they'd pull a loaded trailer without breaking a sweat...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love trucks, I have a lot more US-1 and some more pick ups, jeeps, vans, BUT I have to go to work soon sooo you I can only post A few. I've ran US-1's quite a bit on normal track and had no problems other than losing a trailer going too fast sometimes, but normal US-1 voltage is like 6 volts I think, but the US-1 power pack stinks so I spliced in a Racemasters Tri-power ebay special and just keep it on the beginner 9 volt setting and the extra amps really help running two trucks on the US-1 set up, A little extra umph but not too much and doesn't make the little steering wheel controller smoke :thumbsup:

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Here's the first link. I can't figure out the second one without the post number.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showpost.php?p=2753458&postcount=688

Just so ya know, if you right click on a particular post number, you can copy the link location right there. Some of us are on different post counts per page settings and that makes it rather hard to find that special spot you're directing us to...:wave:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts