Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in the local TRU yesterday, and the cars row was reset. HWs, HW track, Tech Deck, Tonka, one row of Matchbox. Greenlight - gone, Hitch and Tow - gone, Motor World - gone, Nascar Authentics - gone, Maisto - gone, all the 1:43 and 1:18 diecast - gone.

Scary...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
A lot of times when stores do a reset, they don't put out new product. Less work that way until it's finished.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
My TRU moved them 2 aisles over and on the back wall. I gave up looking but the wife found them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My TRU now has two sections. One section had Hot Wheels and Matchbox. The other section seems to be designated by signage for the more adult oriented collectible die-casts. They had many different manufacturers although no AW was in evidence.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I saw the same thing a couple days ago at a couple TRUS. The Hot Wheels and Matchbox were in one aisle. The M2's and Grennlights were on a shelf on the back wall. Another store had some of them on a end cap. Looks like they don't know where to put them yet. Hopefully there will be a regular section set up for them.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We were on babysitting duty and went up and down EVERY aisle in the TRU. The stuff was gone; maybe just temporarily, but it was not in the store on the floor.

I will give it another try in a few weeks, but could be a bad sign, at least for the TRU here. I remember in the 90's going down two or three full rows of cool car stuff - HW, JL, slot car, diecast, airplanes, etc.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Same thing happened at my store last week. Hot Wheels and Matchbox were still there, but every last Greenlight, Maisto, Shelby Collectibles, etc. were gone and pulled from the shelf, no where to be found in the whole store. But two days later I went back and they had reappeared the next aisle over. During resets I think they just work one aisle at a time, so if it is going to be moved then it gets temporarily pulled. Of course every store is different and some store elect to not carry certain product, so I hope that's not the case for you, but I bet they will come back shortly once they finish resetting everything.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
All stores are doing resets and with the new Star Wars movie coming out, they all have reserved sections waiting for the new toys which I believe will come out September 4th. I'm guessing other sections, like die cast, are going to take a hit.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I was just at my local one yesterday and thought the same, but all of the "collector" diecast got moved to the aisle with the cheaper branded Fast Lane stuff. All the cheaper playsets, the 1:43ish scale cars that come in packs of 3/4.

This type of thing

All the plain HW/MB stayed in the aisle, even the higher end Hot Wheels got moved with the GL/M2 stuff.

·
Registered
854 Posts
My store moved them back to the aisle they were in a couple years ago, adjacent to the HW/MBX aisle.

I was pleased to see they started carrying Bburago 1/24 Ferraris.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My TRU also did the same thing with the action figures. The child oriented ones are in the main isles with a section labeled as adult collectibles at the rear of the department. Changes.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Both of the TRUs I get to on a fairly regular basis haven't moved anything... yet. Meanwhile WalMart HAS been moving stuff around. One now has their BOD 6 aisles away in the sportsman's/camping/hunting section!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts