Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dang thing has got me at my wits end. I've been trying to get it back up and running all day. The last time I used it, it was harder to start than usual. It took me several pulls where it usually just takes rwo or three at the most. When I went to start it this morning, I got nothing, zip, nada.

Here is what I have done so far...I have replaced the fuel lines and spark plug, I rebuilt the carb and I adjusted the valves. She just doesn't want to cooperate. If I spray some carb cleaner into the cylinder, it will fire up...but just for a second or two. I have verified that I have spark so that leads me to believe that it's a fuel issue, which is why I rebuilt the carb.

I'm by no means a small engine expert, but I'm no stranger to turning a wrench either. This one has me stumped.:confused: I'm considering just replacing the carb altogether.

Any ideas???

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Might want to take a look at the flywheel and make sure the key is not sheared off. I have run across a few that would pop off with a prime but would not start normally. The flywheels had gotten loose and the key sheared off and they were out of time.

Maybe something to look at before purchasing a new carburetor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts