Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to get the engine off of a Toro 56170 riding mower. The engine is a BS 253707 and I am not having any luck removing the pulley bolt in order to get the engine off of the mower. Are there any tricks on removing the bolt?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replys. I will pick one up tonight. Do you stop the flywheel from moving when doing this or simply put the correct size socket and try to remove the bolt?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thank you for the replys. I will pick one up tonight. Do you stop the flywheel from moving when doing this or simply put the correct size socket and try to remove the bolt?

Thanks,
Jeff
WE JUST PUT A BLOCK OF WOOD AGAINST THE BLADE AND LOCK IT TO THE CUTTING DECK SO THE ENGINE CAN NOT TURN

THEN WIZZ OFF THE BLADE BOLT

BILL

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Before you break something;
Get the engine on the compression stroke, remove the sparkplug, fill the/a cylinder with small rope like pull start rope, leave a little hanging out. Now when the engine tries to compress the rope it is stopped, when finished back it off a little and remove the rope and nothing gets broken. Have a good one. Geo

·
Registered
40 Posts
An impact is made for flywheel and blade nuts.

The cheap harbor freight $20 1/2 inch air impact wrench may work for this but is useless to take off most typical things like lug nuts on tires.

I got an IR2131 with 600 ft-lbs of torque. It took the 2 1/8 inch nut off the eccentric shaft on my rotary engine no problem.

I guess you get what you pay for. The cheap imapct hit the trash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts