Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wants a free (that's right, FREE) HW FE 1966 TV Batmobile? To win one, all you need to do is answer 3 questions of Auto Trivia.

The FIRST one to respond with all correct answers WINS, and will get his/her mint, blister-carded Batmobile shipped directly to their home, at no expense. You MUST get ALL 3 answers correct!
O.K....with that said, this is an auto trivia question--put on your "Auto Trivia" thinking caps, 'cause here goes:

Question 1: On what date did the FIRST Ford Mustang roll off the assembly line?

Question 2: In the movie "Vanishing Point", in the end-movie shot where Kowalski's car was destroyed, you saw (supposedly) the tail end of his car sticking in the air. What make/model car was this?

Question 3: Name the man who founded the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association).

I await your answers. Again, first one to answer ALL 3 correctly....WINS!

-Rick

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
...1.early March 1964....bought by Capt. Stan Tucker..
...2.1967 Chevy Camaro was used..instead of the Dodge Challenger..
...3,,Wally Parks in 1951..

T

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah thats right it was March 9. Sorry bout that. April 17 when it PREMIERED at the World's Fair in New York. Oh well anyway congratulations PW.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have a winner!!! POCKETWOCKET....congratulations. Email me with info to arrange for your Batmobile!

Thanks for playing, guys!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
MudSlinger said:
Free Republic is wrong. Offical date was March 9th. There is some speculation that the actual date was March 5th. It may be true since Ford staged the photo shoot for the March 9th event and would have needed a car all ready done. Further evidence is that Mustang #5F07U100002 has a build date of March 5th. This hardtop may have actually been built before the 001 Convertible.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
No worries, I was just showing where I had found the date. I'm not a Ford person myself so I had to look it up, lol.

Thanks for the contest Ricky, I love trivia contests, especially car related ones! And again congrats PW, that's a very cool car, and nice gesture by Ricky.

I'll find one one day, hopefully, lol.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Free Republic is correct, if you read further down the article it states March 9th. I believe the March 10th Date is probably the date it was in a Newspaper article.

Here is the first Paragraph of the article:
The Ford Mustang is an American automobile, originally based on the Ford Falcon compact. The first production Mustang rolled off the assembly line in Dearborn, Michigan on March 9, 1964, and was introduced to the public at the New York World's Fair on April 17, 1964, and via all three American television networks on April 19.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts