Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the standard rail hight of Tomy vs Tyco?

In other words...is tyco rail higher?

(I'm trying to figure out why some of my cars hook up really well on my home track...but handle for crap on the club tomy tracks....)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add:

A curiosity....

I have an old G+ chassis with rare earth magnents the litteraly screams on my tyco track like it was glued down...yet spins out on the Tomy club tracks...

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Tyco's got a better quality rail.
Pull the rails from a piece of Tyco and Tomy track,and flex them till they break,the Tomy rail is a very soft poor quality rail compared to a Tyco.
Tyco tracks are usually classed as a high downforce track,and Tomy tracks are usually classed as low downforce.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Interesting. I never knew that. maybe this huge box of Tyco track I have here is good for something after all... :D

--rick

·
Registered
807 Posts
track

The tyco track has more iron content in the rails than the newer tomy track. If you build a tyco track and not glue down the rails it pulls the rails up due to more pull. Tomy will not do that as easy ..
To go from one type of track to other you need to lower the car a couple tire sizes to get it to grip better.. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Tyco track also is a high carbon steel rail,conducts electricity better,and has a wider lane spacing then Tomy,some aftermarket tracks are using Tyco's lane spacing ie: Wizztracks etc.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah....that explains a couple things for me....thank you gentlemen...I might have to hang on to the tyco set up as well... :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts