Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With kudos to Cobra for the idea on the roof, I made this custom. Seeking opinions on which wheel/tire combo should accompany this one into the display case?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
now thats what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

I'm all for the dog dishes, but more than likely, i'm the minority. :)
Those 5 spokes would be my second choice though.

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
first one looks like stock wheels imo ttfn johnny :thumbsup: :cool: i meant that theyre the best lookin ones i think

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
60sMetal, I would like to suggest either Cragar SS or Magnum 500 wheels
on either white lettered or redline tires.
I put Cragar SS wheels with white lettered tires on two of the black customs that I created.
And they looked dynamite.
On the black top up red custom, I installed Magnum 500 tires on white letterd tires.
This combination also looks good.

Because of this casting representing a high end muscle car and classic, I would not consider putting the black steelies on it.
I like the steelies and wheels with dog dish hubcaps but would not utilize them in this case.
Try a few combinations and figure out what you really like.
After-all, the custom is yours.
So you should please yourself.

And thanks for sharing your handiwork.
Nice looking custom.

I may have to try that combination as soon as I can find some more top down red
convertible castings from Chevy High Performance. I ran out!

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
896 Posts
I like #1 and #3... #2 and #4 look cool also, but I could see those on a Bel Air (I'd love to see a '69 Bel Air or Biscayne 2dr sedan from JL!) more than an Impala SS convertible.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
robertwadehall said:
I like #1 and #3... #2 and #4 look cool also, but I could see those on a Bel Air (I'd love to see a '69 Bel Air or Biscayne 2dr sedan from JL!) more than an Impala SS convertible.
Can't imagine that it would be too hard for some of the great customizers on HT to sand down the ribs on the ragtop and add a post for a 2 door sedan :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts