Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these today when I was digging up my old trains. Thought you guys might like the memories, and you youngins might like to see what yesturyear looked like. most of these are from late 70s and early 80s. Also found my GI Joes, Transformers, Matchbox (have pics of them but no forum for them) Slot cars, trains and a bunch of pics from way back when. There are some crash ups, one funny car, one that flipped over when hit the wall and some others...enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Thanks for the pics SuperDave...!
...I have a couple of these from the early 80s...still have mine in the HW and Smurf cases...will post some pics when I get my new camera I'm saving for...!
...thanks for the memories...! :wave:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Cool pics! I collected the real riders a few years back. Wasn't able to get some of the extremely rare ones, but I have a pretty good collection of over 80 different ones. I hope to get around to some pictures soon.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes do post some pics, as I remeber I sold most of my old collection at a yard sale years ago. I would like too see some of the older cars. :wave:

·
Administrator
25,809 Posts
Our recommended reading list is flagging some really old threads this weekend and I thought it would be fun to identify which ones you had as a kid or have now from the included thread images.

I didnt have any of these as a kid, but I have the Mustang convertible, front end loader and I think the Peterbuilt dump truck. Of course I also have the the 80s Corvette and the pinkish Split Window as well.

·
Registered
476 Posts
those were a few years before my time, though some of the models like the 65 Mustang and the Bronco 4x4 were released several times during my childhood in the late 80s and into the 90s.

Do have a few of those now though, have that Dixie Challenger with that roof and the Confederate flag on the roof. Probably the closest we will ever get to a HW General Lee.

·
Registered
723 Posts
In the exact liveries pictured I had:
The plow truck, the front end loader, the 80s Firebird, the T-Bird, the Flatout 442, and the P-911
The Firebird funny car, Bronco, the Crack-ups Pickup and police car
The Ferrari and the Steering Rig cab.
I also had some others in other paint schemes.

These are the ones from when I was a kid that I've been able to hang onto.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts