Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, got a few questions about the trinity street spec car. I just purchased one a few weeks ago and am having some trouble getting it to handle well and go fast...One of the problems I have been having is trying to find out what the trans. ratio for this car would be...Also I was wondering if anyone here had any setup tips for this class...Class rules state we must use trinity spec motor and spec brushes, 120t(64p) spur, any pinion...I am trying to find out what a good pinion would be to use, right now I am using 33t. I am also running blue tires around the car besides the left front which is green. One of the main problems that has been occuring is that my car was experiencing traction roll because as my tires started to wear they would cone, I just purchased a truer to help try and fix this problem...Any tips that you guys can provide would greatly be appretiated...Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
mark the edge of your wheel and put a marl on the drive shaft and then while holding the car up turn the drive shaft and count how many times the shaft rotates per revolution of the wheel. My guess would be that it is like a tc3 and 2.50:1.

If that is the case you need to pile all the gear on the car that it can hold. Make sure your chassis is evenly lowered to the track rules height all the way around and take some super glue to the sidewall of the right side tires. Put a green on both left sides and if your rules allow spring changes put a softer spring on the rear and left spring but keep the ride height equal. If you do all that you will see a big improvement.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Jeff, trinity made/makes 2 different spec cars. There is an older pan car called the Trinity Street Spec and a newer 4wd car call the Trinity T-Spec. I am assuming that you have the Trinity Street Spec pan car?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are correct, it is the street spec pan car...Also do you know of any tips with the spec motor to make it quicker?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts