Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a DPD and wanted to know before buying ,,,,,Trinity makes no mention of this feature .

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many times do you have to hit the start button before all the cells hit the cutoff point ?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rec'd mine yesterday and I'm going with the old standby ,,,,,,,

IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING GOOD THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL ??

Mines going back , save money for something else :(

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe the DPD really stands for what Trinity is going to have ,

Dumpster per Dumpster full of these.

Come on guys ?????? If you can't come up with anything better than this :confused:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
the DPD is good safe unit...just bought a second one last week...you sometime NCFRC feel maybe a little too paranoiac about those battery maintenance...dump the packs on the DPD(1.0 volts per cell)....then while its dumping...work on your chassis!...sometimes...guys are playing WWAAYY too much time worrying about the wrong problem...follow your battery matcher recommendation(they should know what they're talking about!!)...and work on the part we can't for you...chassis tuning!

Eric

·
Registered
595 Posts
Like Eric said these are the best worry free tray out there. They give you plenty of time to work on other stuff with out having to keep your eyes on the other trays. Hit start and when it beeps your done and good to charge. Don't have to let the pack cool back off before charging like the other trays. Never have to worry about taking a cell to low.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ericsalvas said:
the DPD is good safe unit...just bought a second one last week...you sometime NCFRC feel maybe a little too paranoiac about those battery maintenance...dump the packs on the DPD(1.0 volts per cell)....then while its dumping...work on your chassis!...sometimes...guys are playing WWAAYY too much time worrying about the wrong problem...follow your battery matcher recommendation(they should know what they're talking about!!)...and work on the part we can't for you...chassis tuning!

Eric
I respect your opinion Eric and off course I don't agree with the paranoiac aspect ,,,,,it's just that the racer or public deserves a better product than this ,, I'm not going to worry about it ,,, tried it and didn't like it ,, thats all there is to it ,,, not a big deal,,, have a great day :wave:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
DPD is a good unit and I like it over a muchmore and I have had both. Race a pack store it with what is left, discharge on pulse when you get to the track and then on linear right before you charge it and your batteries will last months with no downfall in performance! This has worked great for me so thumbs up for the DPD!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
i luv my dpd it does everything the outside of the box says it will do. i use my 0-30 to take the pack down until the lights just about go out..than tray it on the dpd it takes maybe 10 minutes to get all cells to 1.00 volts. not sure what the beef is with the dpd.

josh i would take a dpd over a mm unit or buy two dpd's with the money you would have spent on the mm unit.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Did Josh post?? I'm not Josh. :) I don't believe that the DPD works any better then the MM. I haven't heard of many people sell their MM to get the DPD. But, I have heard more people who sold their DPD to get a MM. :) I do like the fact that the DPD runs off AA batteries. The places I race I see more MM's then DPD's.
The DPD sells for about $120.00 and the MM for $169.00. As slow as the DPD discharges you would need 2 of them! :tongue: Just kidding ya.

What ever you like is what you should have. I don't like the DPD just for the fact that it discharges too slow. Why would they make it switch from 30 amp pulse to 5 amp linear? I think it is to keep heat down so they don't have the added expense of fans. I'm sure they would say it improves performance.

ericsalvas-
the DPD is good safe unit..
Are you saying that the MM isn't safe? If you are, do you mean safe for the batteries or safe to humans? :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Much More? I have never heard of this brand and I have not seen any of these used at the place I race at. I went and took a look in Stormer and they have 3 different Much More dischargers/chargers. Everything from $160 to $240. Which one are you guys talking about.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
tanktruck88 said:
Much More? I have never heard of this brand and I have not seen any of these used at the place I race at. I went and took a look in Stormer and they have 3 different Much More dischargers/chargers. Everything from $160 to $240. Which one are you guys talking about.
I think of Much More as one of those brands that just makes stuff real expensive for no reason other than they want Much More of your money.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have both the Much More and the DPD, I will put my packs on the MM unit first until it goes off and then put them on the DPD. Try this sometime and see for yourself how much runtime is still left in your batteries after they come off the MM unit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts