Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me the best way to condition and charge these packs to get the best voltage and run time out of them....also should you dead short these packs
Thanks
Qball

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a turbo 35....what to charga at...discharge at...peak detect?...repeak at?....any info to get the best voltage and run time will be very helpful
Thanks
Qball

·
Registered
372 Posts
My son races 4 cell 1600 spec legends, I use 4 amps with a .056 cut off on my Pitt Bull. I use the .056 to heat them up, I read somewhere the new Nimh have to hit 125 deg. to be fully charged.

·
Registered
372 Posts
rowle 1jt..You are right they are Nicd...I thought the reason Trinty changed from 1400's to 1600's was to start using Nimh cells...what a rip off!

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
As with all Nicads....Bring them all the way down, and dead short them. If you are running 4 minute races, go ahead and charge at 6 amps for the extra voltage. Charge at 5 if you are running long races.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm using the 1600 Spec. Charging at 6.5a and I discharge at 30a. Discharging that hi gives the battery memory to dump the juice faster for more zap. Running 4 min runs..have plenty left after the run :thumbsup: (20 turn stinger)...M

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
trinity 1600 6-spec packs

i have a turbo 35 stealth,a turbo 30 with buzz box mode. does anyone know anything about the Integy Torpedo.and can anyone explain to me what the buzz box on my turbo 30 is and how to set it up.
Any info. will be very helpful
Thank you
Qball

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Charge at 6 amps discharge at 30 dead short.you can use the torpedo to bump with it seems to lower the internal resisitance somewhat for a more punchy feeeling.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well they said they werent that good for the stock truck class for spec class they arre perfect. how long do they last and do they make matched one? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Were running 1600's in stock noviceand spec. Replced the 1500's Don't know about matched set, but I have 4 paks,seem to be very consistant. Good juice and very strong after a 4 min run.

·
Registered
413 Posts
yeah i bet they are good for the novice class but i was thinking of getting one but i race the stock truck class and i use 2400's

·
Registered
21 Posts
I,ll check and see wat our guys are using for stock oval tks. Not sure wat our club rule is for them.Were off tonight, don't race again till next week. I'll try and check during the wk....M

·
Registered
413 Posts
Im talking about off-road. I race oval in the winter but i race 4 cell pan cars. and no one there uses 1600's .I know for oval not to use them but i think i will just stick with the ones i use. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts