Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 727 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Triclone Outdoor Season "2007"

Well it is almost that time of the year again, time to put away the foams and breakout the cap tires and play out on the big track !!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

As soon as the track maintenance is done, we should be open for practice days. We will keep you all posted on when the track will be open.

Here is a list of the big races for the summer at Triclone-
May 25,26,27 Triclone kick off race

July 19,20,21,22 Novak brushless paved oval challenge-

Sept.7,8 Jim Wick paved oval championship

Classes at Triclone -Novak brushless 13.5,4300,open and Triclone US/RC latemodels

Batteries -4200 max

We also have racing every Saturday, track opens at 8 am and racing at 1:30
We also have racing every Tuesday night, track opens at 3pm and racing at 7:00pm

Saturday points racing- Points start on June 2nd and conclude on Sept 15th

Tuesday points racing-Points start on June 5th and conclude on Sept. 4th

Race info:[email protected], www.triclone.net

Hotel info: Super 8- 1-262-335-6788
Clarmont Inn- 1-262-338-0636
Americinn- 1-262-334-0307

Hope to see you all at the track this summer!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
463 Posts
The sintered rotor IS legal for the outdoor season. This is a result of the fact they are now standard in the 13.5 motors and it was decided that it be OK'ed for the upgrade outside. Understand....that it is the individual’s choice to upgrade or not. What is trying to be avoided is the concerns of the 1 or 2, that they have to upgrade to be competitive....we all know that if the car is setup right.......you will be competitive.

Also note that I was asked to run controlled practice again this summer. Just like last summer, we will have the practice times posted. Also like last year, you will adhere to your scheduled times. Also like last year.....you will be allowed to run on the track if the class that is scheduled has no one on the track at that time.....BE AWARE that if a person whose class is schedued wants to run and a person from another class is on the track.....that person will be asked to remove his car in NO MORE than 2 laps to allowed the scheduled classes their allotted practice time. I hope that all racing the BIG track will have a very fun summer........Good Racing to all.

LD

·
Registered
652 Posts
THANK YOU !!! Steve and LD for posting the information for this year's outdoor season

I'm sure things will be be up on the website soon

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem Dave, just trying to make your job easier. You have enough things to do around there, so one or two of us can keep up the thread for track.

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
Man Why did you change from the 4th of July race? Really don't know if I can make late July, will try but need to be at the Nats track for practice!

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I think it is a good move for attendance... Lots of people have other stuff to do on holidays.. I personally would like to see more races on holidays.. being i work weekends, thats less vacation i have to burn...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Tri-Clone Dave, did you get your Indy car yet? I've still got mine ready to go with the 13.5 4-cell. Can't wait to drive anything there. 10.5 stock car is ready.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Triclone Dave is offline for awhile, but I will get the message to him.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am looking to race at the Tri-Clone this year on the pavement for the first time. The carpet racing was a blast and the paved track looks just as fun. What compund tires do you recomend to start with. What body does everyone run on the big track. I race in the 4300 class.

·
Registered
463 Posts
KLUPI said:
I am looking to race at the Tri-Clone this year on the pavement for the first time. The carpet racing was a blast and the paved track looks just as fun. What compund tires do you recomend to start with. What body does everyone run on the big track. I race in the 4300 class.

Hi Klupi,

We welcome you to racing on the Big Track the summer.....you will find it a rush. The standard that everyone has found that works are the BSR racing caps. What we run as a benchmark are: S blue net right front, L blue non net left front, R wide blue net right rear and L green (or pink) narrow non net left rear. You won't find many that will not be using this combination and not be successful. Shock oils and springs will change a little more depending on how you like the car to feel......but the tire selection will not change much. The body of choice last year was the Protoform HD Monti Carlo. This year, the Protoform Charger may also work. I heard rumors that the new Camry may make an appearance......we will see how it works. Hope this helps and we will see you out at the track.

LD

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have all three bodies and I am going to bring them all to the track to test with. Hays Sr. called me up and is sending a set of tires. I can't wait for th track to open.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
dont forget to mount your wing on the pod... Body mounted wings arent the fast way around.. The corners are very agressive, and the pod unloads very fast.. you need the downforce on the pod..

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
KLUPI said:
I have all three bodies and I am going to bring them all to the track to test with. Hays Sr. called me up and is sending a set of tires. I can't wait for th track to open.
Hi Ken. If you have bodies that were mounted for carpet and you cut the front end to be low it'll be hard to get the cap tires under them without rubbing the fenders.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pat, Just wanted to say it was great racing aganist you this winter & congrats on the BRL series championship. Congrats also to Jr. on his A main run in springfield.

Can't wait to start running caps this summer as long as Loyd can spot for me again.

Thanks again Dave for giving us a place to play with are toy cars.

1 - 20 of 727 Posts