Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 770 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Gents,
I am starting a new thread for the 2009/2010 Triclone season. I have seen a few post in the old thread and thought it a good idea to start a new one so that it does not confuse those less cerebral among us. It looks like the Latemodels are going away and being replaced by the COT body. The 21.5 spec will also go to the COT body. All COT bodies rear cut out will be cut at the bottom of the rear bumper, no higher. COT bodys are to be cut at the mold line as well......these bodies are not to be wedges and no slamming to effect an aero advantage. Just go with what was said in the TOUR or BRL rules "if you have to ask....it is not legal" or something to that affect. Well let the comments begin and hope to see all of you on opening day October 17. The schedule is posted on the new web site @ http://www.triclonercracing.com . See Ya.

Update....see my latest post for the classes and rules.

LD

·
Registered
76 Posts
So the battery spec for the 21.5 class is changing from the 3200 28c to the 3200 40c? Is the 3200 28c pn 3228 not avail any longer?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the battery spec for the 21.5 class is changing from the 3200 28c to the 3200 40c? Is the 3200 28c pn 3228 not avail any longer?
We are just carring over the battery that we used on the outdoor track so that there would be no need to buy new. I am sure that someone will have the 28C battery in stock....don't know if SMC has stopped production though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was not aware that the 40c was being used outside. I was under the impression that the plan was to stick with the 28c for a while, but i guess not.

We are going to keep the battery to the SMC 3200 28C and the Orion 3200's. Thats why we went with the SMC 3200 in the 1st place. Jr says it will be "track suicide" to change the batteries now. Quote from Hays from the begining of outdoor thread.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The battery used in 21.5 is the 28c, and still very readily available, I think Lloyd just gets confused (or he's been cheating all summer LOL). The BRL is not changing any rules for the 21.5 class for this winter (3200/28c SMC, 21.5SS motor only, no wings, keep the back of the body in, open tire, open ESC), so hopefully Triclone will keep it the same as last year also for simplicity purposes.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Good job LD, except the 3200 are 28C ONLY, like the ones we have not the 40c. We did not run the 40C outside.
Any class with the 21.5 motors will be Novak original motors, not the Ballistic.
13.5, 10.5, 7.5 can use any motor and ESC.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Guys,

My post above should have read SMC 28C. I have edited the post after a call from information central. Thanks Hays.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The battery used in 21.5 is the 28c, and still very readily available, I think Lloyd just gets confused (or he's been cheating all summer LOL). The BRL is not changing any rules for the 21.5 class for this winter (3200/28c SMC, 21.5SS motor only, no wings, keep the back of the body in, open tire, open ESC), so hopefully Triclone will keep it the same as last year also for simplicity purposes.
If I was cheating....then I am poor at that as well LOL. Just trying to get too much info out and forgot that there was a hugh battery debate last year and miss typed. I knew my Homies would get me straight. Thanks Mr K. Sorry for the confusion Jim.

·
Registered
616 Posts
ok so theres 13.5 spec and 21.5 spec im confused someone explain last time i talk to hilbert he wanted to have a roll out for 13.5 that matched 21.5 spec. idk if we r still do that

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I got a question. I know this isn't necessarily a BRL track but how come so many classes? Thats what 4 or 5 classes plus those other mini cars and maybe open sprint. Why for the sake of making things simple can't the track just have classes like the BRL or Tour. I may be wrong but to spec classes just seems like alot to me. I understand the old latemodel class but from lloyds first post it seems like every class but 21.5 2c pro is running the cot. How are you going to tell the difference between all those classes, except for laps. I'm not trying to be difficult just want to determine what class to run, I no longer have any 3200 packs. Jason

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Because not everyone wants to buy new equipment and with addition of the different sprint car classes, we have 18 different classes. Live with it.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I have a note from my mom to be able to miss class !!!!!!!!! LOL

1 - 20 of 770 Posts