Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I doubt it, if you're thinking of RC2/AMT/ERTL/Polar Lights, and the "officially-licensed" kits.

I don't have any inside information, or anything. Just the impression that the suits at RC2 (who now own all the other "official" model producing companies) have absolutely no interest in Sci-Fi models, or basically anything that doesn't have an internal-combustion engine....

I thought we were exceptionally lucky to have gotten the repopped kits they did release.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
It looks like GKs are it, if you want new Trek. I really like Cozmo's models. Trek, and more. For the size and details, you can't beat REL's 1701-E.
In the last few months, I have bought about 15 resin models, and 1/3 of them are Trek.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well at least Polar lights was involved for a little while and produced some very nice Star Trek kits.When I see the 1/1000 scale Original Enterprise,I'll pick up a few more.It's an excellent representation of the old USS Enterprise.I guess with this new movie coming out,we may see it reissued with new box art.Here's a real long shot,how about a new larger kit of the Original USS Enterprise for the film.Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Guy Schlicter said:
Well at least Polar lights was involved for a little while and produced some very nice Star Trek kits.When I see the 1/1000 scale Original Enterprise,I'll pick up a few more.It's an excellent representation of the old USS Enterprise.I guess with this new movie coming out,we may see it reissued with new box art.Here's a real long shot,how about a new larger kit of the Original USS Enterprise for the film.Guy Schlicter.

Sounds good to me as long as RC2 doesn't have the license to produce and they get Thomas Sasser to produce it. He is very accurate and they would be foolish not to get an accurate representation of it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I, personally, wouldn't mind seeing the Bandai kits back.
Though in two scales, there were good models if you don't mind not painting. I had read that the producer of the ST models was a real Trek fan and they never really did explain why they dropped the line after Voyager. I was really hoping for the rest of the enterprises, Reliant, Defiant, and some of the Adversaries.

I tried a couple of resin kits from Starcraft. I'm just not good at straightening out warped pieces and placing pins into those joints that have a tendency to have stress such as nacelle/warp coil connections. Granted, their kits are well detailed and I hear overall quality is good but my pickings were too much for me.

I've turned my attention over to WWII battleships 1/350 scale until some new/cheap Trek models are released / re-released.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts