Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to do something with the street next to the yard.

Trees,bushes,telephone poles, and a guardrail. (Thats the last time I wire telephone poles!)

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike did to buy the guard rail? Or is it something you made?
HA..thats funny, I already boxed your stuff with about 20 inches of guard rail. It's HO slot car rails, bright orange but a little silver spray paint and it looks fine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
More great work! I have a box of that ugly orange guardrail, time to break out some silver paint.

Did you have any problems with the paint sticking to that slick, flexible plastic?

How did you create the textured asphalt on the road? Looks very realistic!

Thanks,
Rick V.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
You may have been fired from the telephone company after stringing those telephone poles.
But look on the bright side, your side street looks awesome now! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More great work! I have a box of that ugly orange guardrail, time to break out some silver paint.

Did you have any problems with the paint sticking to that slick, flexible plastic?

How did you create the textured asphalt on the road? Looks very realistic!

Thanks,
Rick V.
I have 2 cans of silver spray paint, Rustoleum American accents silver metalliic and Rustoleum bright coat metallic finish. Im not sure which can I used but Im pretty sure they are the same. 3 light coats and it sticks fine. I have a giant roll of roofing material, a little thinner than shingels, and thats what I use for my roads.:wave:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for info, mikecast! Hoping that someone in the neighborhood decides to replace a roof soon . . . or there is a trip to the lumber yard in my future.

Rick V.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts