Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it shut down or was bought out several years ago but that was the first place I ever did any trading/buying/selling online. Were any of you ever members? Is this the site that bought them out?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I was a member there. That site was Ken McLellan's. It became Diecast Illustrated. Mobilia bought it out, then went out of business. Ken kept it running for a while, but eventually took out all the content except for the Message Boards, which were taken over by GTR Rob. He eventually shut it down completely.

Ken moved on the Slot Cars, opened Slot Car Illustrated, but that is now owned by another party. Last I heard, Ken's daughter is big into Bike racing (can't recall if it's pedal or motorized) and he spends much of his time on that.

Joe
www.joesdiecastshack.com

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I remember the place. It was fun in its day. I don't think I participated much but the information was great.

Was it the same as alleyguide.com or something like that? My memory ain't so good. :wave:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joe Falco said:
I was a member there. That site was Ken McLellan's. It became Diecast Illustrated. Mobilia bought it out, then went out of business. Ken kept it running for a while, but eventually took out all the content except for the Message Boards, which were taken over by GTR Rob. He eventually shut it down completely.

Ken moved on the Slot Cars, opened Slot Car Illustrated, but that is now owned by another party. Last I heard, Ken's daughter is big into Bike racing (can't recall if it's pedal or motorized) and he spends much of his time on that.

Joe
www.joesdiecastshack.com

Thanks for that info Joe. Yeah, Now I remember Mobilia buying them out. That was a great site much like this one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
man if i saw a guy here bash a hunt with a hammer id grab it and bash in his head

one guy told me one day he had so many hunts he gives some to his kids to play with i said thanks for hoarding cars that other people would love to have and some other not so nice words and left if we hadnt been in the middle of toys r us i think ida knocked him out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys! I'm still poking around, from time to time. Occasionally I drop in on Joe and litter up his board, but mostly I just lurk. Thanks for keep Alleyguide in your memories. Joe and sites like this have picked up the slack just fine, if not better. I commend you all for having the energy to keep at it. Once it got like work for me, the fun went away. I did find some Treasure Hunts the other day, and wasn't actually looking. Learned a new term thanks to Joes site, Super Treasure Hunt. Hadn't heard that one before. Guess I been away a while... :freak:

Anyway, thanks for the memories. :wave:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
alleydude said:
Hi guys! I'm still poking around, from time to time. Occasionally I drop in on Joe and litter up his board, but mostly I just lurk. Thanks for keep Alleyguide in your memories. Joe and sites like this have picked up the slack just fine, if not better. I commend you all for having the energy to keep at it. Once it got like work for me, the fun went away. I did find some Treasure Hunts the other day, and wasn't actually looking. Learned a new term thanks to Joes site, Super Treasure Hunt. Hadn't heard that one before. Guess I been away a while... :freak:

Anyway, thanks for the memories. :wave:
Thanks for posting, is it Ken? Well no matter nice to see you're still around. Isn't the southtexasdiecast site still set up like the ol' guide? :wave:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ken it is. Last I knew, SWDC was up and I believe they snagged a lot of my database and pictures. They never asked, but I guess I can live with that. I guess I can be glad the work isn't going to waste.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hey, Ken! Thanks for the great memories. I still have on top of my monitor my Matchbox '39 Chevy Special Delivery Diecast Illustrated Special Edition car from 2001 (...for what it's worth!).

After your site I wandered around, and ended up at HobbyTalk with Johnny Lightnings. Who knows where I'll end up when I grow up.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts