Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a question to have some fun with and get some conversation going. Have some fun with it, but please don't let it upset anyone.

Situation: At a store that you frequent for HWs you find 3 cases still sealed on a pallet. You find one of the stockers and offer to help him/her place the cars on the pegs. He/she agrees but states that there is only enough room to put out 2 cases and the third has to be stored in the manager's office. He/she tells you to pick 1 case and as you help place them on the peg you find a TH. Now you go to pick the second case and of the 2 remaining 1 matches the first case code which contained a TH and the other has a seperate case code.
Now here's the question: Do you go for the matching case code and pretty much a guaranteed TH or take a shot at the other case code?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Put the three cases in a shopping cart and wheel them over to feminine products and rifle through them taking all that strike your fancy! Tehehehe!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I say go for the 2 Cases that are different in codes and take a chance.

but....

Most Collectors will not let the third slip away to the back room as they
want the 3rd TH if it contains one. Just from reading others posts here
or other Board Sites. Greed becomes a factor for most.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Personally I would open the matching code case. I got to put up two DEC (I believe) cases last week. The first contained a regular TH Classic Packard. The second one had a regular and a $uper TH Classic Packard. So you never know what to expect. Hope you had good luck in which ever case you decided to go with.

Scott

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Pop the matching casecode, pull the TH and replace with reg car and retape. Now stock the one with the different case code, problem solved ;-)

·
Registered
212 Posts
TH or no TH

I have a local store that allows me to open all the cases they get in. Only me. IT is an awesome deal. But here is a funny one, I opened a case on Friday, and no TH. That is the first case I have opened without a TH. bummer.....

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
It happens a lot more than you would think. One time, my brother and I opened 7 factory-sealed cases and only one had a hunt. The same can happen with shippers. Four sidekicks with no hunts.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I have a local store that allows me to open all the cases they get in. Only me. IT is an awesome deal. But here is a funny one, I opened a case on Friday, and no TH. That is the first case I have opened without a TH. bummer.....
Waiddaminute, you just admitted on a collectors board that you have your local store in your pocket?? Tread careful my friend ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts