Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am a newbie to this forum and also to rc racing. After watching friends racing their t-maxx and savage monster trucks, I decided to buy one and try my hand at off road racing.I have to say that I am hooked already.It is a blast.I have raced sleds for years and find this to get the adrenaline pumping just as much. I do have a question for anyone that is willing to share some advice.My Revo does not seem to corner as good as the savage and t-maxx trucks. I let my experienced friends drive the revo and they had the same opinion that it was hard to corner without flipping it over. Have any of you run into this problem and if so have you found any solutions? Thanks in advance......Bullett :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
sounds like you were traction rolling through the corners. Try stiffening the springs, either by adding preload spacers or buying stiffer springs, and see if that helps. also, depending on which cantilever you used (thats the revo, right?), the one with the shock mount closer to the pivot hole or the one with the mount further, I would try using the one with the shock mount hole further away from the pivot hole because this makes the shock compress more when the suspension arm compresses.

as for steering, are your friends and you using the same tires? If your using a different type of tire, the front might not be getting all the traction it needs (thats called oversteer, right guys?). also, If the revo uses the same cruddy servo saver the emaxx does, the servo saver is, most likely, just letting the front tires go wherever they want under speed. you can stop this by taking out the servo saver and using a regular servo horn (futaba I believe) or using a heavy duty kimbrough unit.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I've heard on other forums that the REVO's steering is better than the stock T-Maxx unit & he didn't say anything about steering, just flipping in the corners.

So that being said, do what smojoe said in the first paragraph of his post.

You need a stiffer suspension for racing, and possibly a lower ride height. If you compress the suspension while the truck is sitting on a table and let it rebound on it's own then look at the front and rear. What angle are the arms at? They should be parallel to the table, if not, adjust the pre-load spacers on the shocks until they are.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The revos do actually have a nice steering setup. They have the dual servos stock.

Again, suggest stiffer suspension up front.

·
Registered
779 Posts
oh, heh. I took cornering to mean steering. Ive been hanging around my rock crawler websites a bit too long...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alot of the problem is driving skills , nothing personal my driving skills could stand some improvement to . Try stiffning up the shocks with some progressive springs and thicker shock fluid, what fluid wt. are you using now? RED

1 - 8 of 8 Posts