Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1382 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
As I was saying,

Chris I was thinking about UPS at this end. Things take a rough ride... tossed on and off the DC3 airplane, bounched down the dusty road and then tossed onto our cement loading dock. I'm sure the truck could take it but all the other stuff would have a hard ride unless packed very well. Just thought you should know.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Without a doubt the support equipment could take a beating, shaking about in a box. Certainly wouldn't be nicely sorted when it arrived! The truck though? Somehow I doubt that even UPS could do more to the trucks than we do though :devil: . I will have to get an idea of how much a package would weigh and find out what it might cost to ship. I was thinking about it and you could break it/them down pretty small. Not that four Clod tires will ever be small but relatively compact as compared with a truck itself. just a few screws and nuts and the whole thing is in three smaller pieces.

Thanks Hank! I like our new home.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Just checked the end of the last thread...

Bill, glad the AM2K's helped! I had no doubt they would. The stock tires are very rigid and just don't do a great job on most surfaces. (unless you want to do donuts on wet pavement, I guess).

It does not neccesarily mean round trip in that in the same way I could carry them with me on the way out, I could reverse the process. I am thinking that a medium/large Rubbermaid container, strapped shut with something reusable might be the way to go. That way plane type people could open it, inspect it and reseal it, it would get there with me and I could insure it for a zillion dollars in case they crush it!!! That's one thing that always bugs me. They can charge me $100 each way to transport my bike but theymake me sign a damage waver saying it is not their fault if they wreck it. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
hankster said:
Just figured maybe it's time to start this thread fresh to help keep things current. There is still a lot of good info in the old thread, so you can find it here if you want to read some of the older messages ---> http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=28483
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...... you scared the HECK OUTTA ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

-Tone

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Whatchu referring to tone? His Picture?? You think that's scary, you should see him in person!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
tommckay said:
Whatchu referring to tone? His Picture?? You think that's scary, you should see him in person!!! :lol:
i'd never even thought of the pic.... rofl... yeah, i guess that is scary too....
i was referring to the NEW THREAD!!!!! i was SHOCKED and AMAZED when i saw it... i thought the original was lost....

-Tone

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Chris I would think FedEx or UPS would be easier/cheaper if you really want to do it. Besides they let you insure it for a zillion dollars too!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Just checked on the UPS page and if I send a 25 lb package on a Monday, they "guarantee" delivery by the end of Friday. $32. Not bad at all. The problem is with their "guarantee". If they don't get it there, then it is Monday that it arrives and that is late in the visit. To do the 3 day thing, the price doubles!:freak:. And that gets it there on Thursday.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
ChrisHarris said:
Just checked on the UPS page and if I send a 25 lb package on a Monday, they "guarantee" delivery by the end of Friday. $32. Not bad at all. The problem is with their "guarantee". If they don't get it there, then it is Monday that it arrives and that is late in the visit. To do the 3 day thing, the price doubles!:freak:. And that gets it there on Thursday.
Damn them guys in Brown.... but 64 bux isnt that BAD, AND IT'LL BE INSURED TOO BOOT.... but whateva...

-Tone

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I dunno, Brown's guarantee is usually pretty solid. The only reason it would be late would be because of uncontrollable circumstances like Mother Nature some stupid terrorism threat. I'd do it!

Besides, it will get Bill to stop neglecting his trucks in favor of the wing!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
tommckay said:
I dunno, Brown's guarantee is usually pretty solid. The only reason it would be late would be because of uncontrollable circumstances like Mother Nature some stupid terrorism threat. I'd do it!

Besides, it will get Bill to stop neglecting his trucks in favor of the wing!
i've personally never had an issue w/ brown.....

-Tone

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Well, generally I don't have a problem with brown either but they have totalled a couple packages (bikes) and they have been a day late on more than one occasion. Because of the timing, one day makes it worthless. I will have to do a trial packing and see just what a clod and a Pede with the assorted needed goodies would weigh. The 25 lbs was totally arbitrary.

I also don't really have an issue with taking the stuff checked on a plane. Just as long as I have room at the other end to carry it away!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hello all, It's been a while. I like the new place!!! I'm a little late but clod chassis looks awsome Chris I wish I could biuld something like that (maybe one day)Bill I'm glad to hear you like the mashers. I just finished setting up my sosn's pede and I cut the stock tires to look like the m2k's. They look cool and traction is slightly better. Now that the little one has a truck my wife said I can plow up part of the back yard yepeee!! A few jumps and a little space to cut up. Almost forgot I saw that Chris has ordered the novak ss for the pede. Can't wait to hear your opinion on it. Check out the pics of the not so stock tires. My version on the left and proline version on the right.

:wave:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been checking in but had not seen anyones post until now. Thought Hank had killed the thread by changing it. Glad I was wrong.

Tom - I don't neglect them I just hate getting them dirty:rolleyes:

Chris - We do not have Saturday delivery. So your right if not Fri. then Mon.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
nascarfan- thanks! it has taken a LONG time and I am still 'almost there". it runs so nicely though.

The SS has arrived! I opened the box but that is as far as I have gotten. it is completely wired so all it really takes is slapping on a pinion, installing the motor, taping the ESC and hitting something really hard! :lol: just too much to do tonight.

Bill- why would Hank just kill us off? We are a harmless bunch. Not much of content here but we are friendly enough.

here's a strange question; do you guys sometimes get one reply page where you have to pull down the smilies, or click to open a box, and at other times get the full menu of them on the side/ maybe it is jsut the different computers I log in from. i guess that would make sense.

1 - 20 of 1382 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.