Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are really excited with the new Owner of Trax70 In Browns Mills NJ (formerly Ontrax superspeedway). It is a breath of fresh air to us racers as the facility will be sporting a new look. A group of guys met with the new owner this afternoon and we discussed the possibilities for the 2004 season. The most exciting news is the prospect of the new drivers stand. It will have a sloped canopy to provide 2 purposes, sheild drivers from the sun, protect the stand from the rain. A new concession stand with modernized equipment will also soon be implemented. A new Jlap system that will see race results posted to the all new webpage is also in the works. Work on the track will also be done. Any imperfections in the racing surface will be fixed, inside aluminum retaining walls upgraded. Any of you who haven't come to this track for any reason in the past, cast your doubts aside, and give it a new look. As the mens wherehouse guy says:
"Your gonna like the way it looks, I guarantee it"

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanted to thank everyone today from the ORL at DC Ultra Trax for the kind words and racer input on how to make racing at TRAX70 Superspeedway the best it can be. I will go over all the infomation and idea's from today with the new owner my next meeting with him and I'm sure he will be happy to hear the news.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I Know that I can speak for many in saying that we are thankful to have a place to race in our back yards.....

Dave Carpenter

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
can't wait untill opening day, or at least nice weather to get some track time. break out your rubbers I mean rubber capped tires.......

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Made it out there Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was nice, Sunday was a little chilly but we still had fun. :thumbsup: Even though it was a little chilly the track still had plenty of grip.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I visited on Saturday.. Met with the new owner... This guy is for real... He really wants this place to be the place to race....

He is putting together his plans for the season... So anyone with any Ideas speak up or forever hold your line....

Anyone besides me excited about Saturday night racing under the lights.....

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weather should be good for tomorrow so we're going to try and have a practice session with the new lap counting system to work the bugs out. Everything should be ready about 11-11:30. Thanks!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to thank everyone for coming out yesterday for practice. Also want to thank OUTSIDER6 for the help putting in the new timing loop and working the bugs out of the new software, next week it will be ready to go. Anyone who is interested, Trax70 will have another open practice session next Saturday April 17th and the lap counter will be up and running, so come on out and turn some laps!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Had a great time today, was really happy with my car, track is awesome. I am getting more excited after talking to the new owner. HE has an electrician coming next week to get the electric straightened out and make sure we all have plenty of power. And to plan out the lights!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Trax70

Hello all, I'll be there once again trying to help out as much as I can. Hope to have all the electric fixed and the PA system running. If you guys have a free day please stop by.( Bring your cars free to run while we get ready for the season).
Hope to see some cars on the track on saturday. I might even take a few laps around if I have a few minutes.
The track and pit area look a lot better now than it did just a few weeks ago, all thanks to the new owner Patrick.

·
Registered
404 Posts
DC71 Made some headway today mostly due to your efford and some phone calls to jlap, at least we had a full run of the scoring and the PA system. Also some track work and some more clean up. It's looking better each week. Just need some more racer's to show up and start racing and have FUN. JM

1 - 20 of 123 Posts