Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on the travel pod model, it is looking good.
Also I made a Tholian web ship to go with the PL 11" Enterprise 1701 model.
The web ship is 2" by 3/4 Wide, I am going to mold it this weekend.
Now if I can find some neon string ??????????????????????

Chris Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Chris Lee said:
Now if I can find some neon string ??????????????????????

Chris Lee
You could try your local computer store. Might be to big? They use it to mod computer cases and they come in several colors.
Mel W.:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
So what scale is the travel pod? I thought the Tholian was supposed to be 15 meters. That would made it 15cm at 1000 scale.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
jtwaclawski said:
I thought the Tholian was supposed to be 15 meters. That would made it 15cm at 1000 scale.
That would be 15mm ace.

I established the 1/1000 scale for the classic Enterprise kit to make it easier to scale conversion kits, accessories and other vehicles. Basic math not a strong point huh?

Mr. Lee's 2" Tholian would scale out at 50 meters.

Looks great to me!

·
Registered
409 Posts
ThomasModels said:
That would be 15mm ace.

I established the 1/1000 scale for the classic Enterprise kit to make it easier to scale conversion kits, accessories and other vehicles. Basic math not a strong point huh?

Mr. Lee's 2" Tholian would scale out at 50 meters.

Looks great to me!
Well excuese me for the typo. I ment 1.5 cm which is 15mm and I never suggested that it didn't look good, just wondered where he was getting his ship length from and how accurate it was.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Mel Williams said:
You could try your local computer store. Might be to big? They use it to mod computer cases and they come in several colors.
Mel W.:)
I bought mine from Big Lots for $2.50.
It says it is for off road use, not sure it will work in models.:jest:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Chris Lee said:
Been working on the travel pod model, it is looking good.Chris Lee
It does look good. I always had a thought about the window, can't you take screen shot of Kirk and Scotty from movie, print on decal sheet and put on model. If it works it should bring life to model.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Lloyd Collins said:
It does look good. I always had a thought about the window, can't you take screen shot of Kirk and Scotty from movie, print on decal sheet and put on model. If it works it should bring life to model.:thumbsup:
Isn't that what was done in the movies?

·
Starship Class
11,871 Posts
Tholian scratch job looks EXCELLENT!

The pod kits seems to be coming along nicely, too. How many pieces did it come in?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PerfesserCoffee said:
Tholian scratch job looks EXCELLENT!

The pod kits seems to be coming along nicely, too. How many pieces did it come in?
The STAR TREK Travel Pod Model Kit, is 4 1/4" by 3"
and there are 3 pieces to it.
The model is resin, pm me if you are looking for one.

Chris Lee

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
jtwaclawski said:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/alphabeta_ships4.htm

I haven't checked the ST:Encyclopedia yet since I don't have it at work.
I disagree w/Bernd's finding on that length. Doubly since it comes from the standard "real" view from the episode in which the Tholian ships pass in front of Enterprise. It just doesn't really jive for me, as that would make the Tholian's themselves either really, really small or the ships would have to be one or two crewed vessels. I prefer to think it was the standard VFX quandry we find in any number of Trek shows/episodes. Sorta like how we've got multiple Klingon BoP's, at least two sizes of Nebula-class ships, etc....

Personally, I like the Tholian's as they were protrayed in the "Lost Era" novel "The Sundered". :)

- - - - - -

Jeffrey Griffin
Griffworks Shipyards

Star Trek Scale Modeling WebRing

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Chris Lee said:
The STAR TREK Travel Pod Model Kit, is 4 1/4" by 3"
and there are 3 pieces to it.
The model is resin, pm me if you are looking for one.

Chris Lee
Chris,

Is the Tholian ship going to be available as a kit? If so, are they available right now? Would like to get one if they're for sale.

- - - - - -

Jeffrey Griffin
Griffworks Shipyards

Star Trek Scale Modeling WebRing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts