Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps we need to start a thread on the Trade Board. Since A lot of us have large Quanities of Cars we dont want. The old saying "One Mans junk , is another Mans Gold". Could be Helpful.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly...I plan to list about 100 numbers at a time. Im talking pre 98 numbers. So it would only be Cars from the original 1000. Personally I like Numbers as opposed to A picture of a group of Cars. Cant Hurt ...Im gonna work on mine this week.

·
Banned
76 Posts
johnsreflex said:
Perhaps we need to start a thread on the Trade Board. Since A lot of us have large Quanities of Cars we dont want. The old saying "One Mans junk , is another Mans Gold". Could be Helpful.
It seems like an idea, but I found the problem is... it might be junk to some and that's all you will be offered for it. I would like to dump my hw's...but I'm not going to take a huge loss. I was recently offered 10 cents per car and that include all the th's from '96 up and so-called rare and valuable cars. Then they wanted me to though in the different series cars, perferred, fire rods, target series, hall of fame, auto milestones, etc.
I would trade, but I don't want hw's. I've tried numerous times to trade for other diecast and it still comes back to hw's are worth very little.
I never collected hw to make money, it was only after I realized "the grass is greener on the other side" that I spent a ton of money on toy cars that I will never be able to get back.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm interested in a select few of the older cars if anybody has any they want to part with.
Looking for,
Hot Birds
any Camaros, especially blown Camaros(80's body style)
80's Firebirds

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
97XR7 said:
I'm interested in a select few of the older cars if anybody has any they want to part with.
Looking for,
Hot Birds
any Camaros, especially blown Camaros(80's body style)
80's Firebirds
I'll send you a PM when I get everything together.

·
Registered
538 Posts
tcjlooker said:
It seems like an idea, but I found the problem is... it might be junk to some and that's all you will be offered for it. I would like to dump my hw's...but I'm not going to take a huge loss. I was recently offered 10 cents per car and that include all the th's from '96 up and so-called rare and valuable cars. Then they wanted me to though in the different series cars, perferred, fire rods, target series, hall of fame, auto milestones, etc.
I would trade, but I don't want hw's. I've tried numerous times to trade for other diecast and it still comes back to hw's are worth very little.
I never collected hw to make money, it was only after I realized "the grass is greener on the other side" that I spent a ton of money on toy cars that I will never be able to get back.

Tell them to shove that offer where the sun don't shine. You'd be better off donating the cars rather than giving them to someone that just wants to take advantantage of you.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
tcjlooker said:
I definately wouldn`t go any cheaper than .20 a piece. The norm here is usually .25 a piece unless it`s a VERY large quanity they go for .20 a piece

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Easy Guys....Im not talking the usual donation Cars. Im Talking Cars produced before 1998. Cars up to # 625. We would post the card # or a Description of what we have available. I would expect that their is a market higher than 25 cents each. If not let me know. Maybe I can help you out. I plan on making my cars available for trade or sell. Perhaps 75 cents each. Surely we can be a little productive with it. john

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
The earlier numbered cars, from #1-#274 should fetch a few bucks each and certain ones still get up there in price. The China cars between #440 and #721 should do OK even some in that range are highly desirable. I have all the #'s from #761 through #1121 that I was going to sell but at the time I sold the lower numbers they weren't really worth the listing fees.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts