Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
That's the wierdest thing ever! I wonder why they did that. Maybe it made the kid feel just like Daddy trading in the old clunker.
Great topic as allways, ****.

Great one,what about the cereal offers for Matchbox cars???
YES!!! Cheerios, 1969. The box said I could get a reg whls #41 GT 40, but they sent me a SF one instead. My older bros said it was lame and cheapend the look. I agreed. Then promptly wore the thing right down to the chassis cuz it was so fun to play with! I brung it to school with me and everywhere else. Still got it too!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Nothing could make me give up my old Matchboxes, I would have paid the extra 10 cents.
That's an excellent point. I absolutely would not have given mine up either.
I was 8 then and still would have felt funny about it even at 6 when I distinctly remember making a conscious decision to to keep my cars in a case and not scratch them.
I was an obsessed little bugger!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
That's an excellent point. I absolutely would not have given mine up either.
I was 8 then and still would have felt funny about it even at 6 when I distinctly remember making a conscious decision to to keep my cars in a case and not scratch them.
I was an obsessed little bugger!
Was??:p

I took pretty good care of my Lesneys, too. Never would have traded any of them in.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was??:p

I took pretty good care of my Lesneys, too. Never would have traded any of them in.
Thats why we are here :lol:

I took good care of my cars from the age of 10, although I started saving their boxes from age 8 there were lots of minor accidents that chipped the paint.....
I also didnt swap or trade any cars that were new store bought for me, only ever swapped 2nd hand stuff that just didnt have any emotional significance for me..........

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
I've never seen that card before. It would be nice to have 1 for the collection.

Was that mainly over in the UK?

My mom got pissed at me for dumping the cereal in the trash to get enough box tops for my white Mustang and red Volkswagen fastbacks ;)

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Yeah, there'd be no way you could have pryed those things out of my little hands!
Although years later not wanting to be seen as a kid I gave all my Matchbox cars away!
Strangely, I kept all my Redlines? :confused:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never seen that card before. It would be nice to have 1 for the collection.

Was that mainly over in the UK?
No, it was a USA exclusive late 1970 early in 1971 for a number of months.The cards were printed for Lesney´s New Jersey factory which actually put the cars inside the blisters.You can find these on ebay in USA or toy peddlar, with common less desirable castings like 56 BMC for around $20 :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts